Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

what works/worked best for you!

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

i just had my daughter in november before her i weighed 230ish im down to 200(went from size 22-24 jeans to a 17) i would like to keep it of and actually loose a lil more...i live in the country and dont have the correct "road" to run/walk/jog on(its dirt and rocks) what do yall suggest i do im fixing to look into MFP what else can i do?!?!?

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Well, weight loss is 80% diet/food and 20% exercise...so I would start by looking at what you eat...veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and little to no processed food.  Drink LOTS of water!  You can do workout videos at home...there are lots out there!  You can also get some good videos off youtube.com too.  Good luck mama!

Leanin.on.faith
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Well, weight loss is 80% diet/food and 20% exercise...so I would start by looking at what you eat...veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and little to no processed food.  Drink LOTS of water!  You can do workout videos at home...there are lots out there!  You can also get some good videos off youtube.com too.  Good luck mama!

cleanaturalady
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Darby is right.  I wish I could come up with more tips for you.  My preganancy weight seemed pretty easy to come off for whatever reason.  Now if I could just get rid of the middle age spread...

SabrinaLC
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I agree with Darby on this!  

For me, I found that becoming vegan helped me to lose the best and keep it off.  But that isn't going to work for everyone.  

Following a healthy diet is beyond important so be sure you are eating the right foods.  

Quoting darbyakeep45:

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

good luck momma. 

reneawesley
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I agree with Darby. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I'm on the band wagon with Darby, too. Stairs, or a stair-stepper, jump rope, light weights, or a bike even might help. Good luck!

babygirl7161
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Diet changes, cut out as much processed and sweets s possible, add in fruits veggies and lots of water, lemon water is my favorite. Over the summer I would use frozen fruit/and berries as ice cubes nd as they melted it flavored the water sugar free. My daughter even loved it. She thought it was juice after a while.
Exercise wise always mix cardio and strentibg and cardio. I actually used your shape for the Xbox kinect for my workout to lose all my baby weigh. Now my Dh wants to lose weight and we go on dates to planet fitness together :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Great advice!

Quoting babygirl7161:

Diet changes, cut out as much processed and sweets s possible, add in fruits veggies and lots of water, lemon water is my favorite. Over the summer I would use frozen fruit/and berries as ice cubes nd as they melted it flavored the water sugar free. My daughter even loved it. She thought it was juice after a while.
Exercise wise always mix cardio and strentibg and cardio. I actually used your shape for the Xbox kinect for my workout to lose all my baby weigh. Now my Dh wants to lose weight and we go on dates to planet fitness together :).

babygirl7161
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Thanks.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Great advice!

Quoting babygirl7161:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN