Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Uses for Leftover Turkey

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Jen
  • 8 Replies

SOURCE

1. Make “Turkey Noodle Soup” instead of “Chicken Noodle Soup” (pictured below) and freeze the leftovers. Here is a recipe to get you started (just sub turkey for the chicken):http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/10/05/recipe-homemade-chicken-noodle-soup/
  2. Make “Turkey Terrific Sandwiches” inspired by a sandwich shop on Nantucket Island called Provisions. All it takes is some good whole-wheat bread, a little mayo, stuffing, turkey, and the optional cranberry sauce to make one good sandwich. Another great sandwich option would be turkey, brie, and a quick apple chutney…yum!
  3. Make homemade turkey stock with the bones…just like you do with leftover chicken bones/parts. This would be the perfect starting point for your “Turkey Noodle Soup” as mentioned above or for other dishes that call for chicken broth/stock. Here are the details on “The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot” recipe: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/
  4. Freeze batches of the cooked turkey meat for sandwiches or recipes on another day using either zip lock bags or other freezer-safe containers.
  5. Sub turkey for cooked chicken/meat (or just add it to the veggies in vegetarian dishes) in some of your favorite recipes including…
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
reneawesley
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Thanks for the ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Thanks!

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this

No burritos? I heated mine with black beans and salsa and then we ate it in tortillas with a side of Spanish rice last night.

janitablue
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM

thanks for tip I love leftover turkey.

cleanaturalady
by Kim on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

We don't have any leftover turkey, but when I do, I'm always looking for different ways to reuse it.  TFS.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Great ideas!

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

awesome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)