- Make âTurkey Noodle Soupâ instead of âChicken Noodle Soupâ (pictured below) and freeze the leftovers. Here is a recipe to get you started (just sub turkey for the chicken):http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/10/05/recipe-homemade-chicken-noodle-soup/
- Make âTurkey Terrific Sandwichesâ inspired by a sandwich shop on Nantucket Island called Provisions. All it takes is some good whole-wheat bread, a little mayo, stuffing, turkey, and the optional cranberry sauce to make one good sandwich. Another great sandwich option would be turkey, brie, and a quick apple chutneyâŚyum!
- Make homemade turkey stock with the bonesâŚjust like you do with leftover chicken bones/parts. This would be the perfect starting point for your âTurkey Noodle Soupâ as mentioned above or for other dishes that call for chicken broth/stock. Here are the details on âThe Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Potâ recipe: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/
- Freeze batches of the cooked turkey meat for sandwiches or recipes on another day using either zip lock bags or other freezer-safe containers.
- Sub turkey for cooked chicken/meat (or just add it to the veggies in vegetarian dishes) in some of your favorite recipes includingâŚ
on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM