Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Low Carb Diets

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 34 Replies
Are any of you moms trying this? If so, what do you eat and not eating ? Thank you in advance
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonBoy2012
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I find low,carb is,really much better for my body...i eat scrambly eggs, turkey sausages + broccoli fir vreakfast, and chicken+ caulifliwrr + yogurt, love ice cream (breyers 5 ingredients, Natural Vanilla, none of that junky fillers that ramp up carbs) Low starch vevgies...carrots o.k not often though...peas no, potatoes no, duh no bread, I love muffins though, thats my treat!, beans, caution....Avocados yes, personally I dont eat much fruit..just sugary water, with exception of superfruits like kiwi, cranverries, blueberries...ramp up Asparagus, brocc, cauli, swiss chard, and of course !! ORGANIC KALE!!!! (orgamic b/c it one of "Dirty dozen" Good luck!!
jesusgirl76
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:03 AM
[Thank you very much quote name="DragonBoy2012" id="0"]I find low,carb is,really much better for my body...i eat scrambly eggs, turkey sausages + broccoli fir vreakfast, and chicken+ caulifliwrr + yogurt, love ice cream (breyers 5 ingredients, Natural Vanilla, none of that junky fillers that ramp up carbs) Low starch vevgies...carrots o.k not often though...peas no, potatoes no, duh no bread, I love muffins though, thats my treat!, beans, caution....Avocados yes, personally I dont eat much fruit..just sugary water, with exception of superfruits like kiwi, cranverries, blueberries...ramp up Asparagus, brocc, cauli, swiss chard, and of course !! ORGANIC KALE!!!! (orgamic b/c it one of "Dirty dozen" Good luck!![/quote]
Alyson121
by Alyson on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never tried low carb.  Although i do try to not eat processed carbs like breads, pastas, etc and eat more produce instead

mp3mom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It just sort of happens with me. I'm not fond of pasta or bread, so I don't really eat it. I'll have extra salad if we're having spaghetti & meatballs, or I'll make roll-ups (wrap the meat in cheese ) if we're having sandwiches.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I've honestly never really tried anything like that...good luck to you though:)

reneawesley
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Never tried it. 

Lzabierek
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I do a lot of veggie meals. Tonight I made lasagna but instead of noodles I used sliced eggplant. I also added zucchini to the ricotta cheese mixture. My husband couldn't even tell that there was no noodles in it! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:12 AM

What a great sounding meal!  

Quoting Lzabierek:

I do a lot of veggie meals. Tonight I made lasagna but instead of noodles I used sliced eggplant. I also added zucchini to the ricotta cheese mixture. My husband couldn't even tell that there was no noodles in it! 

reneawesley
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds really good. I like eggplants and never would have thought to replace noodles with it. 

Quoting Lzabierek:

Allie138
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Modulating insulin is the key to the sugar busters diet plan, which says that by controlling the intake of sugar, insulin secretion can be controlled. Carbohydrates in an unrefined form, such as fruits, green vegetables, dried beans and whole grains, require further digestive alteration before absorption, thus modulating insulin secretion, which results in lower average insulin levels and less fat synthesis, storage and weight gain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)