Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Rough month

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

For about the last month, we have been dealing with our cat, who hasn't been the same since our other cat died at the end of September. He had to have a section of his intestine removed because he ate a hair band, about a ft long, then another surgery because he developed an infection. In all that time he stopped eating completely nd was being force fed. Yesterday he had to be rushed back to the vet because we woke up to find him comatose. Hubby went out of town yesterday and refused to give up on him and kept wanting the vet to try things. Well, this morning he passed away. I took the girls by yesterday to say goodbye because I didn't think he would make it. It was much easier than our last cats passing since he went naturally and had been sick for so long but still hard for my 5yr old. My 3 yr old doesn't really get it. Just a rough time for us. 

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenerica.
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM

:(  Losing a pet is always hard.  (hugs)

babygirl7161
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM
:( hugs mama, we are a house full of pets and as much as they annoy me sometimes, I'm not looking forward to any of them passing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
:-( very sorry to hear that, it's never easy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I'm so sorry. We just had to put our first ever pet down a month ago (just days before thanksgiving). She was a miniature dachshund and would have been 11 in January. About 2 yrs ago we notice she couldn't see. The dog opthamologist (yes, they do exist) confirmed she was blind. She did really well with the loss of her sight but early this summer she started to have episodes of confusion and weakness. We discovered she had cancer that was causing low blood sugar. When diet changes didn't help, we did exploratory surgery and removed a cancerous spleen. But since the cancer hasn't started in the spleen, we knew it was still inside her. That surgery bought her another 4 months. But right before thanksgiving, we noticed she was in pain frequently and it didn't seem right to keep her alive anymore. I think we all took it better than I would have imagined but we've also had several months to process the idea that her time on this earth was ending. For Christmas, dh had our favorite picture of her blown up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Sorry for your loss. That was a sweet thing your dh did.

Quoting mypbandj:

I'm so sorry. We just had to put our first ever pet down a month ago (just days before thanksgiving). She was a miniature dachshund and would have been 11 in January. About 2 yrs ago we notice she couldn't see. The dog opthamologist (yes, they do exist) confirmed she was blind. She did really well with the loss of her sight but early this summer she started to have episodes of confusion and weakness. We discovered she had cancer that was causing low blood sugar. When diet changes didn't help, we did exploratory surgery and removed a cancerous spleen. But since the cancer hasn't started in the spleen, we knew it was still inside her. That surgery bought her another 4 months. But right before thanksgiving, we noticed she was in pain frequently and it didn't seem right to keep her alive anymore. I think we all took it better than I would have imagined but we've also had several months to process the idea that her time on this earth was ending. For Christmas, dh had our favorite picture of her blown up.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Hugs Renea!  I'm sorry!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Hugs mama!  We have 3 miniature dachshunds...5, 6, and 8 years old...I can't imagine when they will get old and die...such a hard thing!  We got the dogs before we had Brady so they were our "kids" for a long time!  What a sweet thing your hubby did:)

Quoting mypbandj:

jesusgirl76
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM
I'm so sorry for both loses. Many prayers and hugs for your family
mp3mom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I'm SO sorry. I know how hard that is. ((HUGS!))

cleanaturalady
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Oh, I am so sorry Renea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN