Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Anyone Have IBS?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM
  • 14 Replies
I was diagnosed recently. How do you live with this? What kind of diet do you have? Any information would be helpful thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calimom1123
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM
I do! Ive been taking digestive advantage intensive bowel support probiotics.(you can get them at any store that sells meds.I get mine at walmart.) It has helped me soo much. Everything I ate went right through me before. I try not to eat spicy or dairy foods. No soda at all either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:21 AM

No experience but hugs and good luck mama!

reneawesley
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Good luck!

Bookwormy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM
I have IBS. I use daily fiber gummies. I don't do enough diet management. I'm on meds right now that cause constipation. I used to struggle with the opposite & did best to avoid too much soy or gluten.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissGore
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM

i was diagnosed with ibs 9 years ago, i went on a bland diet for it, and six months later was much worse. constantly in pain, dropping weight no matter how much i ate, and never leaving the bathroom. i later was diagnosed with celiac disease. once i cut out gluten i was doing better within days. either way, i would recommend cutting back on gluten, not over consuming dairy, and a probiotic and fiber supplement. 

ZakkarysMom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I cut out dairy awhile ago. I would have bloating, stomach cramps, and painful gas. (yes tmi) Also ive noticed greasy and spicy foods bother me too. Why cut back on gluten? Thats in everything.

Quoting MissGore:

i was diagnosed with ibs 9 years ago, i went on a bland diet for it, and six months later was much worse. constantly in pain, dropping weight no matter how much i ate, and never leaving the bathroom. i later was diagnosed with celiac disease. once i cut out gluten i was doing better within days. either way, i would recommend cutting back on gluten, not over consuming dairy, and a probiotic and fiber supplement. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cleanaturalady
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I don't have any experience with that issue.  Did the doctor give you some dietary guidlines or lifestyle change suggestions?

MissGore
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Gluten is a common cause of gastrointestinal discomfort. i would just try limiting your gluten, not completely cutting it out, and seeing if that also helps.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I cut out dairy awhile ago. I would have bloating, stomach cramps, and painful gas. (yes tmi) Also ive noticed greasy and spicy foods bother me too. Why cut back on gluten? Thats in everything.

Quoting MissGore:

mp3mom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Drinking aloe juice helps; I also found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=IBS

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Glad these ladies can help out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN