Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

This year I am simplifying my life in every possible way.

1) i already use a lot of cloth products (diapers, momma cloth, cloth wipes for everyone) but I want to fully switch over.

2) Focus on making easy, delicious meals at home rather than being so caught up in how healthy or organic they are. I always get caught up in making them "perfect" and then I get burnt out and quit. I got a costco membership today and I stocked up on lean ground beaf and chicken breast and plan to just make a bunch of meals with that.

3) Keep my workouts reasonable. I need to accept that I have health issues that restrict my workout. I'm never going to be able to run marathons or meet military standards like my dh. So here's to walking the dog, getting on the eliptical, and line dancing in my living room :)

4) declutter my house. If I don't use it, then it needs to go. While having the money would be awesome if I sold it all, the most important thing is to get rid of it!!

5) Get spiritual. I go to church and all, but I'm going to work on owning my faith in a way that's comfortable for me.

So who's with me? I would love to have everyone check in on this once a month. That way it isn't just something we stop doing in February. You can agree to all or some or add your own stuff. :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Notes:

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Replies (11-16):
jenerica.
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM

My goal this year is to know where my food is coming from.  My hope is to purchase all my meats and dairy from local farms.  All grass-fed beef.  All raw milk dairy.  Fresh eggs.  This isn't really the best time of year to purchase local produce, so I'll depend on the organic section of the supermarket until the farmer's market opens back up in the spring.

cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Great ones.  Sending you good vibes.

My main goal this year is to look at myself with more compassion and love. 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Awesoe goals and ones that are not just for the new year too. 

I haven't made any resolutions.  I'm trying to be as "crunchy" as i can be and not just related to food but my lifestyle as well.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM

we will be making that our goal next year. we are moving to a more rural area in June so hoping to make the switch next year. good luck! :)

Quoting jenerica.:

My goal this year is to know where my food is coming from.  My hope is to purchase all my meats and dairy from local farms.  All grass-fed beef.  All raw milk dairy.  Fresh eggs.  This isn't really the best time of year to purchase local produce, so I'll depend on the organic section of the supermarket until the farmer's market opens back up in the spring.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM

yay for crunchy!

Quoting Alyson121:

Awesoe goals and ones that are not just for the new year too. 

I haven't made any resolutions.  I'm trying to be as "crunchy" as i can be and not just related to food but my lifestyle as well.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Sounds like you've got a good plan!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN