Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any suggestions for what order should I do a total body detox cleanse in?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

So I've done many detox and cleanse periods through my life and I live a pretty healthy life style (I've been a strict vegetarian for almost 15 years and an occasional hiker/runner) But none the less, I've been eating more junk food over the last few months and am feeling the need to do a detox/cleanse some time this month or next as I start to move to a more vegan lifestyle and get back into running.

I normally tend to do the cleases slowly, taking two weeks to cut down sugar and caffeine etc. Then I do mostly raw food for a day or two, then an other 2 days all raw, then 2 days of juice fasting and two days of water fasting.

But I'm wondering if this is the best order to do things or if I should reverse the process and do my weaning off caffeine etc. then go right into 2 or 3 days of water fasting followed by juice, then all raw, then mostly raw, then moving back into a normal (healthier) diet.

What order (or any other suggestions) would you recommend? Thanks so much in advanced! :)

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never done anything like that before so I honestly have no idea mama...sorry!  Hugs and good luck!

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never done anything like that so I'm not much help!

But I do want to say how awesome I think it is that you are strict vegetarian heading into vegan.

I've been vegan for awhile now and love it!

reneawesley
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Never doing one. Good luck!

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd probably cut the junk first as it seems to make  more sense to cleanse AFTER you've eliminated unwanted foods.  Fresh lemon juice squeezed into room temp water FIRST thing in the morning helps with headaches that may occur when you're cutting the caffeine and sugar.  Magnesium powder in herbal tea is great as well. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You can also do a toxin cleanse using epsom and baking soda baths.

mp3mom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
ravenstears
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thank you all very much :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)