Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exercising in the Winter-Brainstorm!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's freezing cold where I live and I dont want to go outside unless I make a whole day of it like sledding or snow mobiling.   The last thing I wanna do is get all bundled up to choke on the cold air for a half an hour to claim I exercised.  

I don't have a gym membership...I probably should...but I dont...I used to have one but then I never used it, seemed dumb to pay for something I could do on my own.  In the dead of winter, yes I see the beauty of it.  

I feel dumb doing exercise videos, I just do.  Plus we live in a really old creaky house and I feel like the incredible hulk stomping around exercising shaking the whole house.  

I like running/walking my stairs, thats a great workout especially carrying laundry baskets full of clothes! lol.  Only, that gets boring and hurts my knees.  

I can do boring stuff like situps and....well, floor exercises.  

Im the type of person that rebels against the idea of exercising just for exercising.  I like exercising with alterior motives.  Like playing volleyball, or skiing...something with the main purpose being fun and enjoyment or sport and the side effect is burning calories.  If that is not an option im also comfortable with work exercising- working with the side effect of exercise.  To simply exercise for exercise just seems like a waste of energy that could be spent doing something even more productive.  Ya know what I mean?  

So i'd like to know how you incorporate exercise in the winter months and brainstorm new exercise ideas!  : ) 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amanda52007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I suck this winter :( I feel the same as you.

I do have a gym membership. But it's closed down for right now for renovations and will open up next week. Yay!

I did get Zumba Core for the Wii at Christmas so I've been doing that. It's awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Put on some music and dance!

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I have a YMCA membership but I never go b/c its too cold to even leave the house. LOL I'm no help. sorry!

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I use the treadmill at home and do body pump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I have a gym membership and workout there all the time...I'm a runner and I also run outside. 

reneawesley
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I hate being outside in the cold. I haven't run in a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, you could go to the mall and window shop and have lunch with friends.

timon95
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM

i have a treadmill and the wii fit - just need to start using both again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)