Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Fasting

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok Ladies. I am planning on going on a fasting diet. 

I understand that it means no food at all for a period of time, or just water, tea, or juice and raw foods. 

I would like to know what you ate, and or didn't eat if you have been on a fasting diet. I just want to do this for a time period of 3 or 4 days because I want to clean out my body and to help me spiritually as well. 

if you do not like my reasons please dont reply. This is my choice for my own reasons and i would just like to hear from other women who have done this. 

thank you!

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ravenstears
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I do a detox/fasting/cleanse periodically whenever I feel the need too. Its a huge help to feel cleaner, cut down cravings, and it gives a clean starting point when beginning a life style change or a new healthier eating plan.

I usually give myself at least a week (usually 2) to wind down any caffine I'd been having so I don't have headaches. I spend those to weeks exercising a little bit more and eating more mindfully.

Then I usually spend three days just eating 100% raw plant foods (while taking a chromium picolinate supplement and B-complex vitamin, they help stop carb and sugar cravings) then I spend 3 days just drinking fruit and vegetable juices and teas with no food, then two or 3 days just drinking water and taking in no thing else. Then I ease back into food with smoothies and raw foods until I feel up to more complex eating.

I'll try and compile a list of fruits and veggies, nuts and herbs (and their juices) that I take in during those 8-9 days:

For the 2 week before, try and eat a healthy, organic, vegetarian or vegan diet. Take a multivitamin (if its ok for you) and try and get some great exercise in 5 days a week.

When on the raw foods part, I eat: (organic)

Apples

Blueberries

Grapes (red/purple especially)

Cucumbers

Beets

Carrots

Pomegranates

Lemons and Limes and Oranges

Garlic

Onions (I like to peal them skin thin and eat them raw that way)

Cabbage (Purple/Red AND Green)

Celery and Celery Seeds

Peas

Pretty much all raw veggie you could want

Cranberries (all berries really)

pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, Siberian cedar nuts and sunflower seeds are all excellent options. While detoxing, avoid nut butters

Chia Seeds

Dr. Oz has quite a lot of good info and if you have netflix, I find watching health documentaries really informative and inspiring when doing a cleanse.

harleigh07
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Wow thank you! That was so helpful!!

Quoting ravenstears:

I do a detox/fasting/cleanse periodically whenever I feel the need too. Its a huge help to feel cleaner, cut down cravings, and it gives a clean starting point when beginning a life style change or a new healthier eating plan.

I usually give myself at least a week (usually 2) to wind down any caffine I'd been having so I don't have headaches. I spend those to weeks exercising a little bit more and eating more mindfully.

Then I usually spend three days just eating 100% raw plant foods (while taking a chromium picolinate supplement and B-complex vitamin, they help stop carb and sugar cravings) then I spend 3 days just drinking fruit and vegetable juices and teas with no food, then two or 3 days just drinking water and taking in no thing else. Then I ease back into food with smoothies and raw foods until I feel up to more complex eating.

I'll try and compile a list of fruits and veggies, nuts and herbs (and their juices) that I take in during those 8-9 days:

For the 2 week before, try and eat a healthy, organic, vegetarian or vegan diet. Take a multivitamin (if its ok for you) and try and get some great exercise in 5 days a week.

When on the raw foods part, I eat: (organic)

Apples

Blueberries

Grapes (red/purple especially)

Cucumbers

Beets

Carrots

Pomegranates

Lemons and Limes and Oranges

Garlic

Onions (I like to peal them skin thin and eat them raw that way)

Cabbage (Purple/Red AND Green)

Celery and Celery Seeds

Peas

Pretty much all raw veggie you could want

Cranberries (all berries really)

pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, Siberian cedar nuts and sunflower seeds are all excellent options. While detoxing, avoid nut butters

Chia Seeds

Dr. Oz has quite a lot of good info and if you have netflix, I find watching health documentaries really informative and inspiring when doing a cleanse.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Welcome by the way:)

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I have no knowledge of this sort of thing. Sorry.

But welcome to the group !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alysson99
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I've never done any fasting, but I know people who have juiced for a few days or week to clean/detoxify their bodies. You might want to look into that, it is supposed to work well.

mp3mom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Welcome! Actually, I've done one no food fast; I was in HS, a Sophomore. I don't recall how many days it was, but I vividly recall Jesus talking. I got frightened and ate right away. I think it's a great way to cleanse your system. I also found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=fasting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)