Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Just for today...

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have decided that I am going to adopt an AA/NA mantra for my life.  Since food seems to be an addiction with me, and I have failed so many times at long range goals for getting healthy, I think this will help me tremendously.

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM

For instance, in my journal today I wrote - Just for today, I will choose fruits and vegetables over crackers and sweets when I need a snack.

timon95
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Good for you
MamaMandee
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Good luck, sounds like a great idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Good luck!

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I love this!

I start to feel very overwhelmed when I am trying to make my life perfect....I know what I should and shouldn't be eating. I know how often I should be exercising. And I can sit down and write out a nice plan but when life happens, I get easily sidetracked and so then I feel like a failure....and thinking of that is overwhelming for me. I think just taking something one day at a time is a GREAT idea. Thanks for sharing that.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Love this!  Good luck!

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I hear that works well.

In the book, "The Lean"  She used some stuff from aa/na

mp3mom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM

That's great, Kim! A good way to look at things :)

Quoting cleanaturalady:

For instance, in my journal today I wrote - Just for today, I will choose fruits and vegetables over crackers and sweets when I need a snack.

cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Exactly.  I start feeling like a failure too, when I can't make everything all better all at once.

Quoting mypbandj:

I love this!

I start to feel very overwhelmed when I am trying to make my life perfect....I know what I should and shouldn't be eating. I know how often I should be exercising. And I can sit down and write out a nice plan but when life happens, I get easily sidetracked and so then I feel like a failure....and thinking of that is overwhelming for me. I think just taking something one day at a time is a GREAT idea. Thanks for sharing that.

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM

that is a great idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)