Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Cereal for dinner

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
I used to be the queen of it. Every night my dh wasnt home for dinner...which is at least 3, thats what i would eat Yes, it's only a week into the new year, but I haven't had it once for dinner in the new year feel so much better and honestly already feel like my muffin top is already getting smaller. I traded it for grilled chicken salads or just grilled chicken and veggies on those nights. I hope I can stick to it.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Great job!  I bet the difference is the fewer carbs you're eating, and that you have more energy too.  :)

Stacie03
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Chicken and veggies/salad sounds lots yummier to me to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM

i don't really like cereal. The food  you've been eating sounds a lot better to me. LOL

Nathans_mom0612
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quoting .Angelica.:

i don't really like cereal. The food  you've been eating sounds a lot better to me. LOL

I have always been a junk food junkie...but yes, i was actually surprised at how good the chicken salad was. I could eat it every night.

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I love junk food too, i've just never loved cereal. Not sure why. But I do love chicken salads!

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting .Angelica.:

I have always been a junk food junkie...but yes, i was actually surprised at how good the chicken salad was. I could eat it every night.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Quoting Stacie03:

Chicken and veggies/salad sounds lots yummier to me to.

I used to eat just salad in the past with no source of protein and i was starving an hour later so i stopped eating it. Now that i added the chicken im full all night. Amazing what a little change can do.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Quoting .Angelica.:

Not me...i could eat cereal for every meal and snack, but that obviously isnt very healthy. Now i just have one in the morning...i am having my sugar withdrawl and its my time of the month so this week will really be my test to not eat it all day.

Stefanie83
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Great job!  My  husband isn't home for dinner 4 nights per week and it can get a bit frustrating fixing a meal for myself to eat and my 2 kids to pick at lol. but I also do a lot of leftovers for lunch at work.  keep up the good work!

X_marks_the_.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Good for you girl!! Keep up the good work!!
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM

We have cereal for dinner sometimes. The Nature's Path brand have some really great cereals and a few of my children like it with hemp milk and it's almond milk for me. 

What kind of cereal were you eating?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)