Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Vacation ideas o/t

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

So far we've talked about Hawaii, cruise, Paris, New York. we need family friendly and fun. We want things the whole family can do and not just sit around. Worried about getting motion sickness on a cruise and what there is for the girls to do. Worried there's too much hiking for the girls in Hawaii. If it was just up to me we'd be back at disney... World or land it doesn't matter to me. So any comments or even suggestions for other places would be helpful. The girls are 3 and will be 6 by the time we go on vacation. 

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I like myrtle beach

reneawesley
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I do to. My uncle lived in Charleston and hubby's friend lives in NC so we've been there a couple of times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:46 AM
There are SO many things for kids to do on a cruise. My MIL is trying to talk us into going this summer.

What about going down to the Keys? Snorkeling, swimming, hiking. Lots of stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I would still keep it kinda simple since they'll be young still.

Have you considered a Disney cruise?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Hawaii is an awesome place to go!  We lived there for 3 years, and LOVED it!  There is a LOT to do other than hike...beach, snorkeling, and many things for kids.  It's awesome!  Lots of touristy things to do:)  When are you guys going?  This summer?

reneawesley
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
We're looking at May or June.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I'd say Hawaii, a cruise (really one doesn't get motion sick much at all) or back to Disney only hit the Universal parks too. Paris and New York are not for young ones IMO.

CharMom23
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM
If it were me, considering their ages, I would go with Disney or cruise, if the cruise had things for kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM

A cruise would be okay if there are activities for children; I'd check. I've been on 2 and saw no kids. Disney has a cruise. I'm sure there are adult activities. You can use motion sickness medication, if needed, but it actually doesn't feel like "a boat". Paris... I always wanted to go! My hubby & daughter, and also two of my friends have been to Italy; all loved it and they're very friendly. I'd love to go myself! Only an 8 hr flight. We've been one three family vacations to Deep Creek Lake (I think it's PA). It's nice there; we rented huge houses which accommodated 25 people. My BIL has a boat & jet skis; you can fish. There are other attractions in town. NY would be fun! Boston is a great city also. The girls would love the hot air balloon ride :) They also have the tour where the vehicle turns into a boat (I forget the name). The Jersey Beaches are awesome; the boardwalks are great, and they have waterslides; although, I forgot about the hurricane. You may want to check. Ocean City, MD has the same, as does Atlantic City, NJ. Washington, DC is also awesome! There's much history to see. Good luck~ let us know where you're going!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)