Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Flu shot?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 22 Replies
Anyone get it this yr? My mom and sister in law just told me today we need to go get it. But I'm just not for it. They said the flu is very bad and hospital are over filling. But I still don't know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amanda52007
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM
We haven't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Yes, my son is special needs and he did get the flu shot.  I did as well, and so did my husband.  My son currently has the flu though:(

steffielou_who
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM
We and our kids do not get them! And we just left the doctors office... They both have upper respiratory Infections and are out of school until Monday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't get the flu shot.

Healthy diet, exercise, drink lots of water, wash your hands, don't touch your face, etc... that can all help you stay healthy this flu season.

mp3mom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:15 PM

IDK. The one year hubby got one, he got sick and he never does. The article Amy posted about MA is scary, though.

brandydesiree
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I never ever get the flu shot. A new batch is made every year, for the new strains. There is no way that enough testing is done within that short amount of time. In addition, it's a live virus. You actually give yourself a small dose of the flu, in hopes that if you do get the flu, it won't be so bad...Doesn't make sense to me. I was forced to get it when I was in the military and I got SO very very sick from me. 48 hrs after the shot, I was in the hospital wit a severe respiratory infection and strep...NO thanks...not for me or my family.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I have not gotten one yet but I"m going to see if I can find one to get today (or tommorw).  My husband and kids got theirs a couple of months ago. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Quoting brandydesiree:

I never ever get the flu shot. A new batch is made every year, for the new strains. There is no way that enough testing is done within that short amount of time. In addition, it's a live virus. You actually give yourself a small dose of the flu, in hopes that if you do get the flu, it won't be so bad...Doesn't make sense to me. I was forced to get it when I was in the military and I got SO very very sick from me. 48 hrs after the shot, I was in the hospital wit a severe respiratory infection and strep...NO thanks...not for me or my family.

The nasal spray version uses live virus, but the shot contains dead virus.  Sorry to hear you got so sick. 

brandydesiree
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM

It was the mist...I have a bad habit of calling all vaccines "shots"....LOL

Quoting Krysden:

Quoting brandydesiree:

The nasal spray version uses live virus, but the shot contains dead virus.  Sorry to hear you got so sick. 

mp3mom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM

The State of Emergency post that Amy posted yesterday is scary.

Quoting lovingmommywife:

Anyone get it this yr? My mom and sister in law just told me today we need to go get it. But I'm just not for it. They said the flu is very bad and hospital are over filling. But I still don't know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN