Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this just a normal type of rash or something else?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 days I noticed some sort of what I believe is a rash between my legs my inner thighs not touching my vagina just my inner thighs now its not itchy or anything but If my pjs rub it cause I don't wear underwear with my pjs or when I'm wearing my underwear I notice they rub a lot there like their too tight I was wondering if maybe my underwear may be the cause I put Vaseline on cause its all i have at the moment and the redness has gone down a bit and isn't as irritated. Oh yeah and there's no bumps or odor coming from it either. Is this just some sort of rash? And how could I treat it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I honestly don't know....hugs!  Bump!

reneawesley
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM

No clue. Hope someone can help.

mp3mom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. Did you switch detergents? I'd try Benadryl, both topical & oral for a couple of days (since the Vaseline gave some relief). If not gone by then, I'd see my Dr, IMO. Let us know how it goes~ good luck :)

Quoting mrsrobins2012:

2 days I noticed some sort of what I believe is a rash between my legs my inner thighs not touching my vagina just my inner thighs now its not itchy or anything but If my pjs rub it cause I don't wear underwear with my pjs or when I'm wearing my underwear I notice they rub a lot there like their too tight I was wondering if maybe my underwear may be the cause I put Vaseline on cause its all i have at the moment and the redness has gone down a bit and isn't as irritated. Oh yeah and there's no bumps or odor coming from it either. Is this just some sort of rash? And how could I treat it?

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I agree with Cherrie.  It could also be friction; did you do alot movement?

Quoting mp3mom:

Welcome. Did you switch detergents? I'd try Benadryl, both topical & oral for a couple of days (since the Vaseline gave some relief). If not gone by then, I'd see my Dr, IMO. Let us know how it goes~ good luck :)

Quoting mrsrobins2012:

mrsrobins2012
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Yeah I am always moving and i have fat thighs and I notice they always rub against each other when I'm moving around too ;/ redness has gone down now but if it isn't completely gone away ill see my doctor

Quoting e-doolittle:

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting mrsrobins2012:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

maybe some baby powder?

Quoting mrsrobins2012:

Yeah I am always moving and i have fat thighs and I notice they always rub against each other when I'm moving around too ;/ redness has gone down now but if it isn't completely gone away ill see my doctor

Quoting e-doolittle:

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting mrsrobins2012:

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I was thinking along on the same thing as the previous poster.  Heat or Friction rash.

cleanaturalady
by Kim on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM

It could be heat or friction rash.  It could also be a yeast infection.  If you try a topical anti-fungal cream and it helps, then it's probably yeast.  Other than that, I would try hydrocortisone cream to speed healing and keep the area as dry as possible and wear loose, breathable clothing.  Hope you feel better soon. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I was thinking possibly friction as well.   Also, how often to you use lotion?  This time of year the air tends to be drier.. as does skin.   That could contribute to it as well.

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I'd use aquaphor cream at night and powder in the day. Then I'd wear pants or at least panty hose to keep the legs from rubbing each other. If after a day or so of that doesn't work, I'd try a topical antifungal cream. And if that doesn't touch it I'd call the dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)