Serve with mashed black beans.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 ounce crumbled queso fresco
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl. Combine shrimp and spice mixture in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 2 teaspoons juice, onions, 1/8 teaspoon salt, rind, apple, and jalapeño; toss.
- 3. Remove shrimp from bag; discard marinade. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Arrange half of shrimp in pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp. Toast the tortillas in grill pan, if desired. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide shrimp evenly among tortillas. Divide salsa evenly among tacos, and top with queso fresco.