Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child's teacher or teacher's aide came to school sick?  If they came back to school too early after being sick?  Would it bother you or not really?

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
reneawesley
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go if I didn't feel good but never if I had a fever or vomiting. I understand your concern and if I were a teacher at a special needs school I would take extra precautions. 

chrisnjoesmom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it would bother me but I am easily bothered, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Totally agree here.  If I were a teacher, and I just didn't feel well, I would probably go to the work.  Like if I had PMS, didn't feel like it, had a rough night's sleep, etc., I would just suck it up and go.  BUT, if I had a fever, respiratory symptoms (unrelated to allergies), flu, stomach virus, etc., I would definitely NOT go!

Quoting reneawesley:

I would go if I didn't feel good but never if I had a fever or vomiting. I understand your concern and if I were a teacher at a special needs school I would take extra precautions. 

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

It would bother me.

eviesmom453
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I wouldn't think anything cause I mind my own.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Well, if your child's teacher came to school sick and then got your own child sick, it would be your business then.  But, you don't care?  I honestly find that hard to believe.

Quoting eviesmom453:

I wouldn't think anything cause I mind my own.

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Teachers should have to follow the same rules the kids have to follow. No fevers for 24 hours w/out meds and no throwing up. 

Basherte
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way:)  My son goes to a special needs school for medically fragile children, and I would be devastated if he caught something from a teacher who brought it to school, knowing they were sick!

It would bother me. Even more so in your situation. 

That is really irresponsible. <To me.

I expect the teachers to follow the same guidelines as the parents have to follow. After all, the kids won't just catch an illness from other students, they can get sick from a sick teacher or teacher aide as well.

mommasboyz17
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it would but I would have to stop and think is it something contagious etc... In your situation yes it woul upset me very much.

cleanaturalady
by Kim on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM

If I had a child with immune issues, I certainly would care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)