Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Easiest side dish ev-AH

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

5 (I think it was 5, maybe 6) sweet potatoes, 4 red delicious apples (small ones). Peel and cube the potatoes and throw them in a crockpot with the cubed and peeled apples on top, large cubes. Turn on the crockpot, high for 1.5-2 hours. Add a little butter and mash those suckers together and oh.my.yum. We had ham for dinner and it was the perfect accompaniment. Maybe not THE healthiest thing in the world, still carbs, but vitamin rich carbs and no added sugar at all. I usually have to put some sort of sweetener on the potatoes because they taste pasty without anything to me. The sweet apples sweetened them right up.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Oh yummy idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM

That sounds awesome!

cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM

It was so good, I had some for dessert too. ;)

deadlights86
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Sweet potatoes are not as high carb and normal potatoes my dad has diabetes and he eats sweet potatoes in place of white so I think your good. =)

jenerica.
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Yum!
TryingAgain72
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM

My ceramic crock is cracked! )= 

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:57 AM

That sounds yummo!

cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know that.

Quoting deadlights86:

Sweet potatoes are not as high carb and normal potatoes my dad has diabetes and he eats sweet potatoes in place of white so I think your good. =)

mp3mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Sounds delish!

Quoting cleanaturalady:

5 (I think it was 5, maybe 6) sweet potatoes, 4 red delicious apples (small ones). Peel and cube the potatoes and throw them in a crockpot with the cubed and peeled apples on top, large cubes. Turn on the crockpot, high for 1.5-2 hours. Add a little butter and mash those suckers together and oh.my.yum. We had ham for dinner and it was the perfect accompaniment. Maybe not THE healthiest thing in the world, still carbs, but vitamin rich carbs and no added sugar at all. I usually have to put some sort of sweetener on the potatoes because they taste pasty without anything to me. The sweet apples sweetened them right up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)