Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Going gluten free day 2.. Headache!!!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
Did anyone get a headache going gluten free? I was fine yesterday but today woke up with a bad headache. I was very very careful what I ate yesterday so im pretty sure I didnt have gluten. I have been having weekly migraines,tummy pain and diahrrea,joint pain,rashes which is why I am trying gluten free. Im almost tempted to not do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It is you body detoxing.  Similar to the caffiene withdrawl.  It should get easier by day 4.  The first 3 days are usually the worst.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds about right.  Hugs OP!  

Quoting cmorris1200:

It is you body detoxing.  Similar to the caffiene withdrawl.  It should get easier by day 4.  The first 3 days are usually the worst.

calimom1123
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Thanks ladies, I guess I just have to keep at it. Not fun but im hoping it helps me in the long run. I am a big flour tortilla eater so im seriously missing them..lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Eeeek I'm just not sure if I could do that :( We'd starve! (not really...) 

Good luck with it!!!

cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM

If you had an over-growth of yeast in your body, eliminating the gluten could cause what's called "die off" where all the little yeasties stop being fed and they quite literally die and are eliminated from the body.  This can cause you to feel fluish and yucky for a few days. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I hope you feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=gluten+free+diet

Quoting calimom1123:

Did anyone get a headache going gluten free? I was fine yesterday but today woke up with a bad headache. I was very very careful what I ate yesterday so im pretty sure I didnt have gluten. I have been having weekly migraines,tummy pain and diahrrea,joint pain,rashes which is why I am trying gluten free. Im almost tempted to not do it.

calimom1123
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Day 3.. Better today although not 100% its manageable. The weird thing is yesterday afternoon was the worst headache for about 2hrs then it suddenly started feeling better and by bedtime I hardly had a headache! Soo weird because usually with a migraine im done for and it never goes away without meds! Weird!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM

That's great!!! Glad you're hanging in there. It will get better each day.

Quoting calimom1123:

Day 3.. Better today although not 100% its manageable. The weird thing is yesterday afternoon was the worst headache for about 2hrs then it suddenly started feeling better and by bedtime I hardly had a headache! Soo weird because usually with a migraine im done for and it never goes away without meds! Weird!!

cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM

How's it going?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN