Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

UGHHH!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 20 Replies
I hate when I mention wanting to exercise more to people and they always have a response of, "why are you worried about exercising? You only weigh 50lbs!" or something along those lines. It really hurts my feelings. I know I'm skinny but there's nothing I can do about it. And also, exercising isn't only about losing weight. It's about getting and staying healthy. My mom passed away 7 months ago due to pulmonary hypertension. She was only 49. I want to get my heart healthy and strong! And I'm positive she'd want the same for me. *sigh* I just needed to vent.

Btw, I'm not only 50lbs. I go up and down between 97 and 105 and I'm 5'2" so I'm basically "skin and bones".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM

People are annoying and have a hard time seeing past their own insecurities. Ignore them and do what you need to do!

Tell them you want to be fit and healthy and walk away. No need to hear their negativity!

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Well said!

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

People are annoying and have a hard time seeing past their own insecurities. Ignore them and do what you need to do!

Tell them you want to be fit and healthy and walk away. No need to hear their negativity!

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Thanks.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

reneawesley
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Great advice

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Agreed!  

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

KJC119
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM

do what you feel is right girl!  and you're right - exercising isn't just about losing weight. it helps release stress and keep you healthy and balanced!  I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mom.  

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Thank you.

Quoting KJC119:

do what you feel is right girl!  and you're right - exercising isn't just about losing weight. it helps release stress and keep you healthy and balanced!  I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mom.  

Basherte
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Building muscle will help you gain some weight as muscle weighs more than fat. Plus it will keep your body, muscle and joint in particular, healthy. As long as you don't kill those joints by exercising.

I think you look great. My dad died at 46 due to a heart attack. Mom 7 years later with leukemia. 

A friend of mine had something happen while in the shower and between that and falling in the shower, died between the grades of 8 and 9.. between moving from the middle school and going to the high school. 

Ya never know.Be healthy. Just remember to also enjoy life.

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Thank you. The only thing is to build muscle you need protein and my husband said protein shakes give you diarrhea. I don't want to deal with running to the bathroom! Lol!

Quoting Basherte:

Building muscle will help you gain some weight as muscle weighs more than fat. Plus it will keep your body, muscle and joint in particular, healthy. As long as you don't kill those joints by exercising.

I think you look great. My dad died at 46 due to a heart attack. Mom 7 years later with leukemia. 

A friend of mine had something happen while in the shower and between that and falling in the shower, died between the grades of 8 and 9.. between moving from the middle school and going to the high school. 

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM

There are plenty of others ways to get protien that do not come a powder.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Thank you. The only thing is to build muscle you need protein and my husband said protein shakes give you diarrhea. I don't want to deal with running to the bathroom! Lol!

Quoting Basherte:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)