Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

HI new to this group, veggie gardens anyone?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi, I am new to this group and I was wondering if anyone has a veggie garden and what all you did to get it started.  Thanks :)

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Replies (11-13):
norahsmommy
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Yes!! We are expanding ours because our inlaws and my parents would like to plant in it as well. We have a one acre yard and the garden is in the front yard which is approximately a half acre. The garden itself is half of the front yard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph.sublette
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

We have one : ) We just pulled everything out though so we can rotate soil and fix drainage. Im in Houston so we have a VERY long growing season (year round). We usually rest our garden in the winter though.

Best advice to starting a garden, write down what you like to eat (veggies/herbs/fruits) and then go to a home depot/walmart (they stock seeds according to season and climate) to pick up seeds or starters when they are selling them. If you dont see what your looking for in the store more than likely the veggie/herb/fruit does not grow well in your area.If your from a more rural area nurseries and plant stores should be able to guide you too.

Soil, sun, and water are all very important so i would do a little research as to what is best for where you live.

Happy Growing :)

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM

We have in the past but we're still learning about our location and soil (or lack of) here at our new house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)