Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Welcome to Healthy Moms! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Healthy Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other moms who are working toward a healthier lifestyle!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Replies (181-190):
MrsPniewski
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Hi there! It's hard to look forward to exercising! I tried a lot of things before I figured out what I loved. I'm 30 weeks and have been doing TurboJam at home. LOVE it. It's kickboxing and fun music. I do have to modify a lot right now but it still kicks my butt! If you need anymore adivce on workouts let me know! Good luck =)

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Hi Sara, welcome!

Quoting saraewhite:

Hello everyone! My name is Sara. I am 29. I have two children, Hunter is 6 and Hailey is 4. I am married to my husband Josh. We will be married 4 years in September and together 10 years in June. We live in Stanley, WI.

I had lost 30 lbs between September of 2012 and January 2013, but unfortunatly it was not the healthy way. I was only eating one meal a day. Now that I have started working again I find myself eating at work and it is not the healthiest (subs, pasta's and pizza). I usually only home two nights a week to cook meals.

I want to get away from the hamburger and chicken helper, macaroni and cheese and frozen pizzas.

I would love to get some great ideas for meals thatincorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables and way less fat!

I also hate exercising! To me it is like pulling teeth without any form of sedation or novicaine, lol! So if anyone has any wonderful ideas on exercising for those who don't that would be much appreciated as well.

If you have any questions, ask away!

sunshine5705
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Hi my name is Beth. I have a family of 5 and then 7 when my step kids are here. We are on a very tight budget and trying to stay healthy is a struggle for me. Everyone says eating healthy doesn't cost more but it sure seems like it.

mtnrunninmama
by on May. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Hello Everyone!  My name is Penny and I am 7 weeks pregnant with my first baby :)  While it was a definite surprise, I am very excited now that the shock has worn off!  I am an ultramarathoner living in Northern California with my husband who will unfortunately be deployed most of the pregnancy (hopefully not the birth) and my psycho, super cute, terrier mix Boomer.

Christmaslver68
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Good Morning

I am a Mom of 2 boys an 11 year old and a 6 year old.  I enjoy horseback riding, swimming, fishing, nature,doing cross stitch,  flowers, gardening, and reading with and doing things with my boys.  I am the youngest of 6 children and grew up in the country.  My favorite color is yellow and my favorite music is country or 50's and 60's.  I am an honest, giving, caring person that will help anyone that needs help.  My 11 year old will be starting 6th grade this year and my 6 year old will be in first.  They both love to read.  If there is anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Welcome to the group!  What are your boys reading right now?

Quoting Christmaslver68:

Good Morning

I am a Mom of 2 boys an 11 year old and a 6 year old.  I enjoy horseback riding, swimming, fishing, nature,doing cross stitch,  flowers, gardening, and reading with and doing things with my boys.  I am the youngest of 6 children and grew up in the country.  My favorite color is yellow and my favorite music is country or 50's and 60's.  I am an honest, giving, caring person that will help anyone that needs help.  My 11 year old will be starting 6th grade this year and my 6 year old will be in first.  They both love to read.  If there is anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask.

Christmaslver68
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Thanks

my 11 year old is readin Beneath and Beyond and my 6 year old is reading all different level books that he got from the library

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Welcome to the group!  What are your boys reading right now?

Quoting Christmaslver68:

Good Morning

Miss_Mandy80
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi! My name is Amanda (Mandy). I live in Florida & I am a married Mama of a 13 year old Boy. I am a SAHM.

After losing my BF in December 2011, I am ready to lose the weighh I gained during my depression period. I am just starting to come out of my "funk" a few months ago & seen the "damage" I have done to myself. I need to lose some weight & get healthy! 

HeatherCates
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello, ladies.

I'm a single mom of 2 teenagers.  I've been working on getting healthier and physically stronger for the last 5 years.  I have had such wonderful experiences since turning my life toward the healthier that I now pay it forward to others and teach them how to do the same, no matter their circumstances.

I look forward to getting to know more ladies here.

morning_glories
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi healthy ladies :) I am a happily married mother of  3 wonderful daughters (14,11, and almost 4) I have shed 8 pants sizes and 10 dress sizes since this time last year and I haven't had a cigarette in 3 day's Yay me! SparkPeople helped me through my weight-loss but since I am just maintaining now it is not much help anymore. I joined this group to meet other healthy mom's and make friends with women who care about what they put in their bodies.

morning_glories
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Congratulations on opening a new door in life.

good

Quoting Miss_Mandy80:

Hi! My name is Amanda (Mandy). I live in Florida & I am a married Mama of a 13 year old Boy. I am a SAHM.

After losing my BF in December 2011, I am ready to lose the weighh I gained during my depression period. I am just starting to come out of my "funk" a few months ago & seen the "damage" I have done to myself. I need to lose some weight & get healthy! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)