Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Does anyone have diastis recti??

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 20 Replies

hello mommies!! i am a mother of 2. i had both my children back to back LITERALY theyre one year apart and it took a tole on my stomach. i have abdominal seperation, which causes my protruding belly. i am back to my pre baby weight exept my stomach looks about 4 months pregnant. Just wondering who else has gone theough or is going through this and how you solved it. Also i have heard of the tupler technique, have any of you tried it? did it work? does the dvd explain everything to enough detail that you dont have to see someone in person? there is a tupler technique PT an hour away from me but its pricey and if the dvd does the job then i would love to save money! :) 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  

geriniki
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I know I "had" it, but didn't know there was a name for it. All my kids were born 2yrs apart & after my #2 was born I noticed the "crevice" but thought it might be normal. After my daughter was born the doctors found that I had an hernia in my belly bottom due to the weak abdominal wall; they operated & "corrected" the the problem; but it has never been right. I think I will look into those excersises to see if they do help. I love excersise videos & DVDs, although at times I wish I had someone here to tell me if I'm doing it right.
Amanda52007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Okay, I just went and googled it. I just don't know how to tell if I have it. No matter what I do, my stomach won't shrink. But it doesn't look mangled or anything. Do you have some pics? Not of you, if you don't want to post those...but can you post some of this condition? All I saw was pregnancy photos and babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I don't think I have that.

I did have some separation for awhile, probably about 1/4 - 1/2 space I could feel.  It's back together now so I guess it was just a normal thing for me?  

mommykm
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM

these are pictures of diastis recti typically looks like. Many are way worse mine looks like this. When you contract your abs your belly looks like the first picture. for me when i contract it doesnt show but when i lean back it does. If at anytime your belly has that bump them you have it. 

Amanda52007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Ok see, mine doesn't do that. When I suck in, and lay back, I have a horizontal ridge....but nothing sticks out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommykm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Yes def do it! The longer you wait the harder to repair! I cannot wait to start the thesrapy its just a bit pricey !

Quoting geriniki:

I know I "had" it, but didn't know there was a name for it. All my kids were born 2yrs apart & after my #2 was born I noticed the "crevice" but thought it might be normal. After my daughter was born the doctors found that I had an hernia in my belly bottom due to the weak abdominal wall; they operated & "corrected" the the problem; but it has never been right. I think I will look into those excersises to see if they do help. I love excersise videos & DVDs, although at times I wish I had someone here to tell me if I'm doing it right.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Is it like a hernia? I've never heard of it. Welcome to the group !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommykm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Yes your organs have no support sl they just pop out its awful i hate my body. Im going to start my therapy late febuary i cant wait!!

Quoting mypbandj:

Is it like a hernia? I've never heard of it. Welcome to the group !

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)