Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Does anyone have diastis recti??

Posted by   + Show Post

hello mommies!! i am a mother of 2. i had both my children back to back LITERALY theyre one year apart and it took a tole on my stomach. i have abdominal seperation, which causes my protruding belly. i am back to my pre baby weight exept my stomach looks about 4 months pregnant. Just wondering who else has gone theough or is going through this and how you solved it. Also i have heard of the tupler technique, have any of you tried it? did it work? does the dvd explain everything to enough detail that you dont have to see someone in person? there is a tupler technique PT an hour away from me but its pricey and if the dvd does the job then i would love to save money! :) 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Pilates can help.

cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Did you have c-section or vaginal births.  Just curious.  It actually looks like something that would be dangerous if you muscles aren't covering your organs like they should, so it sounds medically necessary to correct it.  Is your insurance going to cover that?  Sorry for all the personal questions, if you'd rather not answer, I understand, but I am really curous about it. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Good luck to you!!!

Quoting mommykm:

Yes your organs have no support sl they just pop out its awful i hate my body. Im going to start my therapy late febuary i cant wait!!

Quoting mypbandj:

Is it like a hernia? I've never heard of it. Welcome to the group !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimom1123
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I have this but I didnt know what it was called. All I know is when I stand and lean back a bit I get that bulging like that but its not as bad as that pic. I always wondered why it did that. my dd is 8 so its been a long time having it. It looks gross though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM

So it hasn't gone away?  Is it smaller now than in your daughter's first year?

Quoting calimom1123:

I have this but I didnt know what it was called. All I know is when I stand and lean back a bit I get that bulging like that but its not as bad as that pic. I always wondered why it did that. my dd is 8 so its been a long time having it. It looks gross though!

calimom1123
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I just checked and yes it is a good bit smaller now,although not gone. I didnt do any special exercises for it that could be why it took so long to get better. I have alot of issues with my lower back and im wondering if thats why. I have been exercising a little more lately and I think thats helped.

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Quoting calimom1123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cleanaturalady
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Makes sense that your lower back would hurt, since the muscles in the abdomen are weakened.  I'm sure working out does help, especially if you did some core strengthening exercises. 

Quoting calimom1123:

I just checked and yes it is a good bit smaller now,although not gone. I didnt do any special exercises for it that could be why it took so long to get better. I have alot of issues with my lower back and im wondering if thats why. I have been exercising a little more lately and I think thats helped.

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Quoting calimom1123:

hira12
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I Have it, I was told by a frnd at work. I am 25 and I hav two kid..iy has gone worse because I ws doing all crunches and stuff. youtube some videos there is a towel technique...I bought a amazon dvd for 7 bucks thats online...go slow just dont lift weights at all! it will increase the gap. I have the same tummy. hate it so much
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommykm
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Try the tupler technique im starting it soon its research based and from what ive seen gives GRET results i cant wait!

Quoting hira12:

I Have it, I was told by a frnd at work. I am 25 and I hav two kid..iy has gone worse because I ws doing all crunches and stuff. youtube some videos there is a towel technique...I bought a amazon dvd for 7 bucks thats online...go slow just dont lift weights at all! it will increase the gap. I have the same tummy. hate it so much

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Yes I do. My Doctor mentioned it during my second pregnancy. I don't worry about it since I don't want to wear a bikini. LOL. I was able to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes right away but I had the pouchy tummy. I hid it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)