Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Juice Fasting

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone tried a juice fast?  If so, how did you go about it?  How much juice per day?  How long did you fast?  Any tips you could share.

My dh and I have been thinking about doing this for a day or two and then going on an elimination diet.  The short duration is more for my dh and ds.  I'm wanting to go longer.  I appreciate any and all help.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Julia13
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM

hmmm...never heard of it. Im on WW and love it! WW is a lifestyle change. Is juicing something that will last or is it to lose a few pounds for a short period of time?Just curious

sweetboys4me
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Thanks for posting.  It is not really about weight loss as it is about giving your body time to rest and heal.  I was thinking of doing it as a way to help jump start an elimination diet.  Basically we are going to start with green juices and water for a few days and then eliminate most food allergens from our diet.  Good list and additional info for after the mini fast can be found here. We will then reintroduce food allergens one at a time and see if we have any reactions or sensitivities. 

It was suggested to us by two seperate special needs teachers (who work in different districts and don't even know each other) to try my autistic son on a gluten free/casien free diet.  He refuses to eat meat, eats most fruits, will eat some raw veggies, but he prefers carbs.  He will drink green juice.  We are hoping that a day or two of just juice will help eliminate his super focus on carbs.  If we are doing it as a family, I can lock all the pantry items in the garage and keep the fridge locked.  My eldest is at my MIL's until monday so I can focus on my youngest.

Quoting Julia13:

hmmm...never heard of it. Im on WW and love it! WW is a lifestyle change. Is juicing something that will last or is it to lose a few pounds for a short period of time?Just curious

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I've never tried it. The most i've fasted was one day where i didn't eat anything.

Julia13
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM

wow, sounds harsh, but to each their own. good luck

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Nope, never tried it and don't wish to.  Good luck!

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I've never been into juice fasts or anything similar. I guess I feel like everything in moderation is best and that you can make your body healthier by making consistent good choice rather than doing something extreme like a fast or cleanse. But that's just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Never tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN