Cantaloupe provides a cool and sweet contrast to the grilled steak. Plus it packs in plenty of vitamins A and C. The lean sirloin steak is flavored by lime juice, honey, red pepper, and paprika dressing.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 1/2 ounces steak, plus salad and 1 tablespoon dressing)
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes; Total time: 15 minutes.
- 3/4 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper; grill with onion, turning onion after about 4 minutes and steak after 7 minutes, until meat is medium-rare or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer meat and onion to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing steak.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey, lime, olive oil, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper; stir with a whisk. Set dressing aside.
3. Slice steak; arrange on platter with cantaloupe, onions, cilantro, and mint; drizzle with dressing.