Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

HELP I NEED HELP I AM LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hi  I was diagnosed in October 2012 with being lactose intolerant.  I thought I had it under control.  But the last few days I have had diarrhea and today was the worst.  I got terrible stomach cramps and got diarrhea and did not make it all the way to the bathroom..  We were at a basketball game and came home.  I am so frustrated if any body can help me please do.  The doctor that diagnosed this was a (not sure how to spell this)gastrointestinal doctor.  So where do I go from here.  If anybody can help I would love some advice. Thank you ahead of time

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Are you still eating food with lactose in them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Look up a complete lactose free diet girl. I believe cheeses and milk (besides maybe lactaid/silk?) should not be in ur life anymore!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Anything dairy! ...

....including MILK chocolate OMG! Id die. Lol no jk theres still dark chocolate! Mm mm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Welcome!  Are you still eating dairy?

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Here is a link for hidden lactose in foods.  I feel your pain because I am allergic to corn and it is hidden in so many foods.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/346942-hidden-lactose-in-foods/

reneawesley
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimom1123
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Im lactose intolerant too. I can eat a bit of cheese but not nacho cheeses. milk,ice cream and yogart are the worst!! Watch what you eat because sometimes it doesnt hit me for 2 days. Try taking a probiotic. I rarely get diarrhea at all now and before it was after every meal. (i have ibs too). I feel for you since i know what its like!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Dairy would include:  milk, ice cream, butter, cheese, yogurt, pudding. <Those are the obvious ones. 

chrisnjoesmom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Never eat ice cream. That's the worst IMO. Almond milk is a nice substitution for milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM

If you are lactose intolerant it would be best to avoid all dairy foods.  Do not eat anything with casein or whey.

There are plenty of vegan alternatives out there that are just as good.  You can still have milk chocolate, but make sure it is rice milk chocolate.

Check out Tofutti brand items, you can get ice creams, sour cream, cream cheese, etc
Daiya is a good cheese alternative
Enjoy Life is a good chocolate alternative.  We use their chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and my boys really like their chocolate bars
Earth Balance is a good vegan butter alternative 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN