Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

To my HerbaListas!!!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
Any of y'all familiar with HERBAL remedies for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

Im on Metformin 1g twice a day.

Then to add to that organically, supplement wise :

Ive been on Vitex-Chasteberry for about 2 1/2 months
Raw Prenatal vitamin

Tonight I purchased:
1. Maca Powder- fertility superfood. (is there a difference between maca pill form and powder form?)
2. Saw Palmetto- capsule form, decrease testosterone
3. Spearmint tea- supposed to help decrease testosterone

Any success stories or advice? Really looking for some help here from experienced/knowledgeable mommas thanks!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I really don't know much about it. I do *think* fenugreek is similar to metformin. Maybe google that.

Fenugreek is something women take when they want to increase their milk supply. And since I always have that issue, my midwife had me try metformin last time I had a baby. The reading I did, 2 1/2 yrs ago on it, if I'm remembering right, said those two are similar.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Let us know how it goes!

fingers crossedHope it goes well!

bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM
THANK YOU ;D <3 <3 <3 i appreciate the welcome lol, how did you know im new! Lol =}

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!

bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Awe, <3 Thank you! I definitely will try to provide as much info I can about the results and how it goes! :) as soon as I know of course :)

So far though adding the Saw Palmetto definitely brought on some hot flashes in me (it has testosterone decreasing effects but in turn with that can also lower estrogen levels, hence hot flashes!)

And i was also emotional with those decreased
hormones.

Then this morning i felt awful, super self conscious not very happy. Totally different then when i began vitex it made me super happy! Felt like i had before pcos symptoms started!

Oh and PS the spearmint tea is sooo good. Esp with honey! And maca is really yummy in smoothies !

Quoting deedee3849:

Let us know how it goes!

fingers crossedHope it goes well!

bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Why Thank you! =}

Quoting reneawesley:

Welcome!

bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Thank you!

Thats good to know because Ive been reading a lot about loww milk supply after preg ESP. in women with PCOS. I have that! And Im currently trying to conceive too

Ill do some research for my notes on it :)

Quoting mypbandj:

I really don't know much about it. I do *think* fenugreek is similar to metformin. Maybe google that.

Fenugreek is something women take when they want to increase their milk supply. And since I always have that issue, my midwife had me try metformin last time I had a baby. The reading I did, 2 1/2 yrs ago on it, if I'm remembering right, said those two are similar.

Good luck!

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

I don't know much about that stuff though.  I wish I could.

bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you girlie :)

I dont know a whole lot about herbs besides the fact that Ive experienced great results so far trying to supplement my body against poly cystic ovary syndrome

I just started talking to a old friend of mine from school about it and she sparked my amazement with these natural organic supplements through the success she had with her auto immune disorder gluten allergy and PCOS (poly cystic ovaries).

I do most of my research on the internet, and compare blog information with herbal sites and i check out naturopath and homeopathic drs info also to compare. Because you know the internet can give youdiffering info.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Welcome to the group!

I don't know much about that stuff though.  I wish I could.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)