Here's a vegan recipe that packs delicious fresh veggies and lentils into a tasty burrito. You'll get fiber, protein, and a little bit of heart-healthy fat from the avocado.
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 8 cooked green beans
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tortillas
- 1/4 cup tofu mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise)
- 1 cup mixed salad greens, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup naturally fermented store-bought sauerkraut
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
Place lentils in a pan over medium-low heat with just enough water to cover bottom, and warm slowly, stirring constantly; set aside. Heat sesame oil over medium heat in a separate pan. Sauté carrot, green beans, and sea salt for 2-3 minutes. (Add 1-2 tablespoons water, if needed.) Set aside. Warm up tortillas in a toaster oven. Spread tofu mayonnaise on tortillas. Fill with salad greens, carrot-green bean mixture, sauerkraut, sliced avocado, and lentils. Roll into burrito form.