Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you fall asleep?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Jen
  • 30 Replies
Do you have to have certain pillows or blanket? Certain clothes or temperature? Do you fall asleep easily?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't sleep in many clothes, if they get twisted, I can't stand it! And I must have a blanket on me. Even in the summer. And when my mind is racing, I have to replay a story in my head so I can finally fall asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM
My pillow has to be the right amount of squishy. The room has to be cool so I can snuggle under blankets, and I can NOT fall asleep in socks.

Our bedroom is in a walkout basement now and it's dang cold down there in the winter. We currently have 2 down comforters and 2 quilts on there and I still feel cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyTo5Boys
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM

with my eyes closed, lol

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Next to SO! For warmth! Lol.

I love having the blanket folded in between my legs or pillow works too.

And one funny thing i hate a pillow under my head! Use to sleep with two pillows under head so dont know what brought that change on!

I will usually law on my side and fold pillow up against my chest and lay on that sides arm elbow bent above my head. Like above when i cant sleep i have to replay a story in my head too! Lol funny but it works! Itll take my mind of running thru diff topics keeping me up at night!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by *Suzanne* on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I have to have nice heavy blankets- just a sheet keeps me awake for hours.  I also love having my body pillow.  I sleep au naturel, and I love a cold bedroom (helps with the heavy load of blankets!).  I fall asleep pretty easily 90% of the time, especially when I'm exercising regularly nd eating well.  I can tell when I've been slacking in many ways, and sleep is one of them.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I fall asleep pretty easily...with sheet and blanket on me.  I like it cooler too!

BelindaDuvessa
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I have to have clothes on.  It can be simple shorts and a tank top, but I have to have them.

I prefer a blanket, but since we have a newborn, we've been keeping the apartment alot warmer, so sometimes it gets way too warm.

And I don't fall asleep easily at all.  I'm hoping now that I'm starting to work out, even if it's just the little bit, that I will start falling asleep easier.  Generally, though, I take something, at least on the days I have work.

wonderwomanT08
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Right now on my side with pillows all around me and between my legs because I'm 40 weeks and 1 day. Its hard to fall asleep so I have to daydream. That seems to help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I like to have heavier blankets.  I sleep better when it's cooler for sure.  65* is the best!

I do not fall asleep easily unless I'm on the couch, lol

It takes me awhile to fall asleep at night because of a certain phobia that I have :-/

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I forgot about my pillow. I have had the same pillow for years. It's perfect and just the way I like it. If I ever go out of town and forget it, I can't sleep!

Quoting norahsmommy:

My pillow has to be the right amount of squishy. The room has to be cool so I can snuggle under blankets, and I can NOT fall asleep in socks.

Our bedroom is in a walkout basement now and it's dang cold down there in the winter. We currently have 2 down comforters and 2 quilts on there and I still feel cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)