Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Need belly workout advice

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 13 Replies

OK so I gave birth 14 months ago and i still have a soft belly. I breastfed up until today so i lost a lot of weight just doing that and i think i had time to work out maybe about 10 times ( i work full time). My child is finally sleeping in his crib and i will finally be able to work out  at night after putting him to bed. I was wondering what i can do to help tone my belly. I am not bigi weigh 100 pounds so i don't want to loose anymore weight i just want to tone up my loose belly skin how do i do that just plain old crunches?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Core strength exercises will help.  Also cutting processed sugar from your diet will help tone your belly as well.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Yep, Alyson is right..you can strengthen your core but abs are made in kitchen...clean and healthy food and little processed food will do the trick.  Hugs and good luck!

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Drink lots of water, eat a healthy diet and exercise.  

is it skin?

I'm asking because I have been working out pretty much everyday for over 2 years.  I eat healthy, drink lots of water, moisturize and still have a soft belly.  I have a lot of stretched skin, my belly resembles a raisin.  I've cut down on the amount of fat that I have and have defined abs but the skin is still there.

Schleetle
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Try yoga, and especially a lot of the breathing techniques. They use a lot of the belly muscles, and it's relaxing before bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dvegas
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Quoting SabrinaLC:

is it skin?

I'm asking because I have been working out pretty much everyday for over 2 years.  I eat healthy, drink lots of water, moisturize and still have a soft belly.  I have a lot of stretched skin, my belly resembles a raisin.  I've cut down on the amount of fat that I have and have defined abs but the skin is still there.

Yes it's just loose skin no fat. I had a large 10 pound baby so i gained 56 pounds when pregnant. I am now back down to 100 pounds and got back to that weight fast because i eat well and from breastfeeding. I haven't had much time to exercise but i am hoping to change that now. I want to work out but i don't want to loose anymore weight i just want to tighten up the loose skin i have now. My belly like you siad  like a raisin. I was wondering if anyone had was able to get rid of that looses skin without loosing too much weight and what exercises they did to help?

HaileysMom07180
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

i've been doing sit ups and it seems to be working quite nicely.  you can actually see the toning forming from under my boobs and its slowly working its way down, my husband says its really cool to see

missdebb1969
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Beachbody has a program called Revabs..I heard its awesome for working the ab area :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

if it's skin, it's going to take a lot of time (or surgery) to get rid of it.

Here is my stomach (picture is from Oct)

I've had 3 kids, my youngest was born June 2010.  My highest weight was after my oldest, I was 153.  I'm currently 104, my lowest was 101 (when this picture was taken)

Quoting Dvegas:
Quoting SabrinaLC:

is it skin?

Yes it's just loose skin no fat. I had a large 10 pound baby so i gained 56 pounds when pregnant. I am now back down to 100 pounds and got back to that weight fast because i eat well and from breastfeeding. I haven't had much time to exercise but i am hoping to change that now. I want to work out but i don't want to loose anymore weight i just want to tighten up the loose skin i have now. My belly like you siad  like a raisin. I was wondering if anyone had was able to get rid of that looses skin without loosing too much weight and what exercises they did to help?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

scaudle
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going to do Hip Hop Abs by Beachbody because I need to tone my belly too but don't care to do crunches or anything...plus since its cardio it will condition other areas of my body too. I have used Beachbody products before and love them!!!!! You can see all the programs and stuff by going to www.beachbodycoach.com/SHARLACAUDLE If you want we can be workout partners!!!!!

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM

You should concentrate on core workouts and drink plenty of water and eat clean.

Currently, Beachbody's Insanity workout put together an ab workout called Fast & Furious Abs that is great - it gives you an intense ab workout.  I would also consider doing yoga, which focuses on strengthening your core.  You can go on to http://beachbodycoach.com/Roseann1130 and go to "shop" and on the left hand side go under "fitness programs" and then "insanity" to check out the workout.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN