Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

NO! . . .well, not really? . . .maybe???

Posted by   + Show Post

"You have the right to say no. Most of us have very weak and flaccid "no" muscles. We feel guilty saying no. Your no muscle has to be built up. The more you say no, the more it comes naturally." - Iyanla Vanzant

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/553032_522579747774895_1900057828_n.jpg

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Replies (21-22):
Basherte
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I don't like hearing no either. But I will accept a no from my friends rather easily. 

Companies, I tend to not understand. Nothing I can do about that though. 

I try to explain the no to my son though. As I feel he has a right to know why I won't let him do something. I feel that it's better for him to understand why, than to think it's because I just don't want him having any fun. He's 4, btw and autistic. He tends to stop doing the things that I tell him no to when he understands the explaination. So, I have to make sure he understands it.

Quoting Alyson121:

Never thought about it from that perspective . . .people who don't like to be told  no.

Quoting Basherte:

I have absolutely no problem telling anyone "no."

Some people have a hard time hearing the word "no."

Those are the people that I say no to and then walk away from.

Proud2BWeird
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:42 AM
This inability to say "no" seems to be mostly a female problem. I know I was taught that if I can do something someone asks (assuming it doesn't violate my moral code, or any laws, of course), I should. My brothers? Not so much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)