What does your diet look like??
Are you nursing?
Are you exercisiing??
It can seem so daunting and depressing. Usually the best way to lose weight (imho) is to eat a balanced diet with lots of fruit, veggies and protein, and don't deprive yourself of treats too much because that will cause rebound binging. It's one of the reasons that Weight Watchers is so successful for a lot of people. They give you a guideline of how many points (ie, calories) you can eat in a day and allow you to choose the foods you eat to make up that quota. Also drinking lots of water (sometimes thirst can disguise itself as hunger). Whenever you feel a hunger coming up, drink a glass of water and wait a few minutes. A lot of times the hunger will pass. If not, eat a small amount of [whatever] and move on. Get yourself moving. Try to work up a sweat for minutes each day whether it's "real" exercise or just cleaning house, it all accomplishes the same thing - burning calories.
Those are some suggestion of what helped me to lose my baby weight. Not knowing what you have already tried leaves me a little in the dark about what else to suggest.
start with small changes. You are looking for lifestyle changes. small changes add up to big impact.
Some small change suggestions: cut out soda, add more water, add more veggies, eat 5-6 smaller meals instead of 1-3 per day
What are you doing to lose weight.
Most people don't know a lot about nutrition which can make losing weight difficult, even if you think you are doing everything right.
Small changes can do amazing things.
These are my questions too. What exactly are you eating in a day?
Quoting cmorris1200:What does your diet look like?? Are you nursing?Are you exercisiing??
What exactly are you eating. Saying you cut all junk is vague. You could still be eating things like bread with sugar, packaged meat (which is full of sugar). Using processed white sugar and processed white flour makes us gain weight as well. Cooking food from boxes contributes to weight gain. Drinking packaged juices (unless they say sugar is not added on the ingredient list) contribute to weight gain. ANY soda, diet or not contributes to weight gain. Any diet drink contributes to weight gain . . etc.
Quoting howeamber92:i have cut all junk out i walk on the treadmll everyday its a manual one so i dont last very long i am not breastfeeding. My weight is 188 pounds and my height is 5"2 im so over weight and im only twenty
Join us on the Moms' Health group!
I agree with this.
Quoting e-doolittle:start with small changes. You are looking for lifestyle changes. small changes add up to big impact. Some small change suggestions: cut out soda, add more water, add more veggies, eat 5-6 smaller meals instead of 1-3 per day
Diet is 80% of the factor! Sometimes even eating healthy can be your foe if your overeating it!!! The other 20% is activity! Have you considered any fitness programs? Cardio is what I would recommend the most with light resistance training for toning! I had great luck with Slim in 6 which includes both Cardio and resistance! Plus it was an hour or less workout which was good cuz as moms...we never have enough time! You can see Slim in 6 details or even check out other fitness programs at www.beachbodycoach.com/SHARLACAUDLE One other thing that I swear by is Shakeology! I would be as bold to say its the healthiest and best tasting nutritional shake ever and can be used as a meal replacement for quick weight loss results if used with an exersize program! There is a link to the shakeology website on the site that I just gave you! The cool thing is that Beachbody, which is the company promoting fitness and nutritional products like Slim in 6 and Shakeology does have challenge packs to help save a bit of money because it can be VERY expensive to buy everything seperate!
Not a priority
Not a priority
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family of sites
© 2014 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.