Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms
I can't lose one pound it's been a whole year since I had my daughter I need help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Replies (11-13):
thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I use the lose it app on my phone. It helps keep my portions reasonable and me on track. I'm down to 118 and hubby lost close to 40 lbs now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Welcome & Congratulations! It's always hard getting started. I found this site you may find useful as a guide:

http://www.livestrong.com/weight-loss-get-started/

Quoting howeamber92:

I can't lose one pound it's been a whole year since I had my daughter I need help

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Fantastic advice!  Hugs and good luck!

Quoting cleanaturalady:

It can seem so daunting and depressing.  Usually the best way to lose weight (imho) is to eat a balanced diet with lots of fruit, veggies and protein, and don't deprive yourself of treats too much because that will cause rebound binging.  It's one of the reasons that Weight Watchers is so successful for a lot of people.  They give you a guideline of how many points (ie, calories) you can eat in a day and allow you to choose the foods you eat to make up that quota.  Also drinking lots of water (sometimes thirst can disguise itself as hunger).  Whenever you feel a hunger coming up, drink a glass of water and wait a few minutes.  A lot of times the hunger will pass.  If not, eat a small amount of [whatever] and move on.  Get yourself moving.  Try to work up a sweat for  minutes each day whether it's "real" exercise or just cleaning house, it all accomplishes the same thing - burning calories. 

Those are some suggestion of what helped me to lose my baby weight.  Not knowing what you have already tried leaves me a little  in the dark about what else to suggest. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN