Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
Here with in the next couple of weeks I am going to start going to the gym 4 times a week. My question is do you think it will help jump start my weight loss if I went vegetarian or would just cutting out red meat do the same?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sonshining
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Mmmm, how would you get your protein? You could cut out red meat, but you'll need protein when working out. Not sure what you're doing at the gym, cardio? But whatever you do eat, watch portion size. That together with your workouts will help you with your weight loss.

rfurlongg
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM

That depends on what your overall diet looks like.

Mrs.Burke11
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I would eat beans, peanut butter, tofu,etc. I won't be doing any hardcore work outs.

Quoting sonshining:

Mmmm, how would you get your protein? You could cut out red meat, but you'll need protein when working out. Not sure what you're doing at the gym, cardio? But whatever you do eat, watch portion size. That together with your workouts will help you with your weight loss.

Mrs.Burke11
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I want to create a healthy diet that would work for me.

Quoting rfurlongg:

That depends on what your overall diet looks like.

jenerica.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
If you are considering a meatless diet, I recommend reading Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I actually recommend that read to anyone. He covers a lot of info regarding food in general, but most importantly, the book is very informative about good nutrition, and it explains the necessity of eating nutrient dense foods in order to fuel and repair your body.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:15 AM

I would make sure your diet consists of plenty of veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and little to no processed food.  If you don't want to eat meat, that's fine...you can get protein in other ways.  Nuts, beans, nut butters, dairy.  Good luck!

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't let the, where will you get your protein!?! question stop you from becoming vegetarian.

A vegetarian diet can be VERY healthy!  I personally feel that if you were to go vegetarian you will see better results.  Just be sure you are eating a healthy vegatarian diet and not falling into the packaged vegetarian rut. 

Good luck!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I've been vegetarian since 2008 and vegan since early 2011.  

mp3mom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Good question. This site has good info:

http://www.livestrong.com/weight-loss-get-started/

Quoting Mrs.Burke11:

Here with in the next couple of weeks I am going to start going to the gym 4 times a week. My question is do you think it will help jump start my weight loss if I went vegetarian or would just cutting out red meat do the same?

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Cutting sugar would jump start your weight loss.  If you cut meat, be sure to not over do it on things like breads, pasta, etc.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Yes!!!!

Quoting jenerica.:

If you are considering a meatless diet, I recommend reading Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I actually recommend that read to anyone. He covers a lot of info regarding food in general, but most importantly, the book is very informative about good nutrition, and it explains the necessity of eating nutrient dense foods in order to fuel and repair your body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)