Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11 Convincing reasons vegan isn't crazy

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/convincing-reasons-eating-vegan-isnt-crazy/#slideshow=slide1

Even eating vegan part-time can benefit your health.

You'll get enough protein from plants.

Vegan recipes are cheap, plentiful, and tasty.

Plenty of grocery staples are vegan.

Change your plate, change the world.

Vegans make a winning grilled cheese.

You can ease into it (and out of it).

Veganism is not a fad diet.

Vegans who eat well don't need to buy additional supplements.

Guess who's gone vegan?

You can make friends!

For details on each above, click the link :-)

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (91-93):
suziejax
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I agree!!!

wayward_redhead
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I've been a dairy, meat and gluten free person ;-)

That said, food restrictions are tough and even if you could be vegan not everyone wants to.  I understand.  My advice is to still be proactive about your health and at least limit meat and dairy products because it's so beneficial.  We started out with meatless mondays, and got more and more into it.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I, personally, can't. I have a sugar intolerance that doesn't allow me to eat any type of wheat. That means no bread, no pasta, no anything like that. I also can't have dairy. So no cheese, no milk. That leaves me with literally fruits and veggies. Not everyone can become a vegan.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I'm sure you could, you just choose not to.  

I didn't think I could go full vegan and neither did my husband.  But we did and to be honest, I'm happy about it.  I don't even miss eating the way I did before.

Quoting reneawesley:

I just can't go vegan 

rockinmomto2
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Finally, someone who understands. :-) You're awesome! And I do limit dairy to almost nothing. 

Quoting wayward_redhead:

I've been a dairy, meat and gluten free person ;-)

That said, food restrictions are tough and even if you could be vegan not everyone wants to.  I understand.  My advice is to still be proactive about your health and at least limit meat and dairy products because it's so beneficial.  We started out with meatless mondays, and got more and more into it.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I, personally, can't. I have a sugar intolerance that doesn't allow me to eat any type of wheat. That means no bread, no pasta, no anything like that. I also can't have dairy. So no cheese, no milk. That leaves me with literally fruits and veggies. Not everyone can become a vegan.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I'm sure you could, you just choose not to.  

I didn't think I could go full vegan and neither did my husband.  But we did and to be honest, I'm happy about it.  I don't even miss eating the way I did before.

Quoting reneawesley:

I just can't go vegan 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)