Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Breaking down the worlds leadng nutrient-dense superfood shake!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

I don't even know why I am posting this really but I love it when people try to compare one of the worlds best nutrient-dense superfood shake bases! Here is how it compares solely just to Herbalife. Both have: Protein & amino acids, vitamins & minerals, and antioxidants. However Shakeology also has (which Herbalife doesn't): phyo-nutrients, fiber, pre-biotics, and digestive enzymes! Plus it just simply tastes better too!!!!PLus to buy all those things seperately it would cost over $250. Heres how that breaks down:

Protein and amino acids: $32

Vitamins and minerals: $12

Antioxidants: $80

Phyto-nutrients: $40

Prebiotics: $36

Digestive enzymes: $50

So even though I thought shakeology was outrageously expensive at $120, its a hell of a lot cheaper than $250! Its seriously changed my life and I LOVE IT! And if you really think about it, it costs $4 a serving. That is 1 meal that satisfies your appetite, replenishes your energy levels, and curbs your cravings! Most people spend so much more than that on a fast food meal that is so much less healthy for you! So I suppose when you think about it in this way it is a deal. I just wish it was cheaper still! Like under $50 lol!

Seriously!!! Check it out here if your ready to make a difference!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Thanks for sharing!

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Thanks for sharing

elizabooks
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Thank you for sharing. Tried it. Cannot stand the taste, but if it is healthy I guess I should just hold my nose and try not to gag. I rather just drink wheat grass purée. Lots of vitamins, only $1 a shot and the taste is just as disgusting and it also prevents me from wanting to eat anything for most of the day.
I really don't know why healthy shakes cannot be made to taste good.
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Yeah... I'd rather stick to real, whole foods.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Did you try some of the recipes that went with Shakeology?

They re-vamped the chocolate so it tastes great and I never just drink it straight out powder with water or milk.  They are meant to be a meal replacement and as such, you can add to them.  I always like to add some frozen strawberries to the chocolate one to make like a chocolate covered strawberry. 

Quoting elizabooks:

Thank you for sharing. Tried it. Cannot stand the taste, but if it is healthy I guess I should just hold my nose and try not to gag. I rather just drink wheat grass purée. Lots of vitamins, only $1 a shot and the taste is just as disgusting and it also prevents me from wanting to eat anything for most of the day.
I really don't know why healthy shakes cannot be made to taste good.

elizabooks
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I added bing cherries to it once , fresh date the next time, fresh figs, apples even raw beets (my five favorite sweet eats) and no go. I tried even adding carrots (another sweet treat) and it was a bit better. I ended up using the chocolate mix with extra rice flour in my Carrot breads for the holiday. People seemed to like it I just sliced it quite thin so that no onewoukd overdose on e tea calories.
I'm glad the company is soy free, but like I said the taste is not pleasing to my family's palate. Now I've tried wheat grass, spurlina, and algie (cannot spell today) on thief ownand have shuddered my way through those as well. I admit that this company is doing well with nutrients. I just cannot stand it when people endorse a product so much it seems like the cure to all your ills. Shades of snake oil and all that.
If they have changed the formula in the past year I might give it another try. have to see when I have extra cash.
MamaMandee
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM

TFS!

scaudle
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Out of curiosity...which flavor did you try? They have a greenberry one and i can't stand it!!!!!! Its aweful!!! I love the chocolate! I of course spice it up with a banana, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, and 1 Tbsp Honey. I also like using almond milk rather than water. Then I just blend it up with ice to the consistency I like and its awesome!!!!

scaudle
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Lol ME TOO! Seriously.....I am all about junk food and comfort food lol! Nothing better than a big ol juicy burger...but for a meal replacement shake its pretty good!

liliana5
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I juice raw vegies and fruits then I eat whole foods. Not from a box. Yes supplements are good but they lack live nutrients. A lot of shakes, ect are synthetic forms of vitamins. I bought a juicer 149.99 and use only organic vegies and fruits. Cost of a week of vegies/fruits is 30-50 and its ALIVE;-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)