Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anybody tried

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 18 Replies

The Atkins diet? did it work? 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Never tried it.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I haven't tried it.  I've heard people say that it works initially to help start weight loss and then going from there.

mommaTLC186
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM
So they did the Induction phase and then did a different diet after that?

Quoting Alyson121:

I haven't tried it.  I've heard people say that it works initially to help start weight loss and then going from there.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I don't know what the "introduction phase" is.  But basically they started it, started loosing weight and then kind learned and kept with a healthy lifestyle that wasn't necessarily "diet" based.  Friends and family who've done Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc have pretty much done it the same way.

Quoting mommaTLC186:

Quoting Alyson121:

mommaTLC186
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM
On their website n book the diet has 3 phases, the first one is called induction and lasts until person starts losing weight... Or does it for a few weeks. Not completely sure, I haven't finished the book yet. I'm just interested in other peoples experience before I go and try it. Just curious.....

Quoting Alyson121:

I don't know what the "introduction phase" is.  But basically they started it, started loosing weight and then kind learned and kept with a healthy lifestyle that wasn't necessarily "diet" based.  Friends and family who've done Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc have pretty much done it the same way.

Quoting mommaTLC186:

Quoting Alyson121:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Never tried it...good luck though!

mommaTLC186
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM
In September I weighed 180. Today I weigh 148. I've just been looking into different diets because I still have 20 pounds I want to get rid of.
norahsmommy
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I don't do Atkins per say but I do eat extremely low carb. I eat between 20-75 grams of net carbs a day ( these are the carbs you body actually uses, fiber doesn't count). I avoid grains and get my carbs from veggies/ low sugar fruit like berries. about 75% of my diet is fat and only 10-15% is carbs. The rest is protein. I've been loosing weight very easily, which is a first for me. Normally I work so hard and get very little results.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaTLC186
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
That sounds pretty close to what this Atkins book is saying to do. In Sept I weighed 180. Now I weigh 148. I just want to get rid of like 20 more pounds so I've been looking into different diets. Carbs are my weakness (bread, potatoes)

Quoting norahsmommy:

I don't do Atkins per say but I do eat extremely low carb. I eat between 20-75 grams of net carbs a day ( these are the carbs you body actually uses, fiber doesn't count). I avoid grains and get my carbs from veggies/ low sugar fruit like berries. about 75% of my diet is fat and only 10-15% is carbs. The rest is protein. I've been loosing weight very easily, which is a first for me. Normally I work so hard and get very little results.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)