Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Im excited about it and thought i'd share here.  Im finally at a point where I really truly feel this time will be long term & permanent.  I've spent my entire life dieting and battling my weight.  Im not doing anything real different than what i've been trying to stick to the entirety of my adulthood.  My attitude is the most significant difference.  I really do believe a person's mental state is the most important part of a diet plan.  The science behind weightloss is easy, we arn't dumb, we know what we all have to do to lose weight...its the mental hangups that set us up to fail.  Lack of drive, lack of determination, our relationship with food, what food means for us.

The mind is a powerful thing, if its not in the right state for weight loss I promise you wont be successful.  I really do believe my mind is finally in its right state to lose weight.

At 5 years ago I was at my heaviest I had ever been in my life.  At 6ft tall I weighed 350 pounds was a size 24.  In less than 2 years I got myself down to 250 pounds and was a size 16.  At my height I look damn good at 200-ish, a size 12/14- but I never got there.  

Having a weight problem (maybe some can relate) its kind of odd to describe how the overweight really do seemingly black out on binges that last the better part of years.  I couldn't tell you today what the hell happened to me back then because I dont know.  I of course remember all of my life events and such, except the food part, I dont recall what was going through my mind when I let it all go.  

Its truly as though I woke up one day to realize I had gained 70 pounds over night, but it wasn't overnight, it was nearly three years.  It takes one hell of a strong mind to repress those kinds of bad choices, to ignore the physical change, to not notice the increased pant size, takes a mighty strong mind to blatantly pretend there are no consequences to poor choices, to be in such utter denial!

I need to use that amazing mind strength for good and not evil! 

So thats what im doing.  My body is a tool, food is its fuel, nothing more.  My relationship needs to be that simple with food otherwise I idolize it and give it far more meaning than it deserves.  I only eat when I am truly hungry and my diet is balanced.  

Im very excited about the success i've had in the past month and while I know im not always going to make the best choices I know that they will far outweigh the poor choices.  

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Replies (11-16):
Jenn8604
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Op when you get to your 200 and 12/14 your going to be so happy!!! Im working on losing too and my goal is 150 (im half a foot shorter) every little pound gone makes me happy. My goal is 9/11 jrs again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I like to think of myself as thick and slightly fluffy. lol 

I'm usually 16/18 (mostly 18) pants, but its because I carry most of my "thickness" in my booty and hips. I have big hips! lol 

Quoting Jenn8604:

at 6' weighing 208 isn't that heavy. Your half a foot taller than me and 150 is my healthy weight goal. If your like ops vision and 12/14 tall pants your a good size.
Quoting Amanda52007:

Good for you!

I'm also 6 foot, and I'm 208. I actually like the way I am, but I feel like others expect me to be better. If that makes sense. Like, if I'm not trying to lose weight, then wth am I doing?

Jenn8604
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM
hmmmm lets see here your on Cafemom so you have a kid. That's where your big hips came from. Boys especially widen your hips. my friend (she eats like a horse btw) was a size 00. She had her first a boy and even tho she's still as thin as ever her hips make her wear a 5.

Quoting Amanda52007:

I'm usually 16/18 (mostly 18) pants, but its because I carry most of my "thickness" in my booty and hips. I have big hips! lol 

Quoting Jenn8604:

at 6' weighing 208 isn't that heavy. Your half a foot taller than me and 150 is my healthy weight goal. If your like ops vision and 12/14 tall pants your a good size.
Quoting Amanda52007:

Good for you!

I'm also 6 foot, and I'm 208. I actually like the way I am, but I feel like others expect me to be better. If that makes sense. Like, if I'm not trying to lose weight, then wth am I doing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
True statement! I have 3, my last being the boy. The hips just got wider and wider each time. Haha

Quoting Jenn8604:

hmmmm lets see here your on Cafemom so you have a kid. That's where your big hips came from. Boys especially widen your hips. my friend (she eats like a horse btw) was a size 00. She had her first a boy and even tho she's still as thin as ever her hips make her wear a 5.

Quoting Amanda52007:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting Amanda52007:

Good for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM
awesome! I'm 5'3 and 165. I need to lose weight too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:31 AM

Awesome! Good for you! Keep up the good work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)