Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Growing an Organic Garden..

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello ladies, this is for those of you that grow your own veggies and herbs. I want to do an all organic garden this year. I am going to make long plant boxes.

However, we have a rodent problem in our neighborhood and I really don't know how to keep them away from the garden. I dont want them eating the veggies or even crawling around in the dirt they are planted in, yuck! Rats can chew through just about anything... any of you ladies ever had this problem? how did you keep them out?

thanks.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MamaMandee
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I dont have any suggestions but thank you for posting this, I have been thinking about doing one too but we live near a field that I know has mice and bunnies. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM

No idea mama...hugs!  Here's a bump!

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Hmm. I don't know but could you put out stuff to deter them close and all around your garden, just not IN or ON the garden??

I know you can catch slugs by filling frisbees with beer! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Hi, I actually just saw on Pinterest where someone cut gutters to desired length, then hung them maybe a foot apart, stacked-like, with wire. I found the pic! Good luck!

Quoting KatieKramer94:

Hello ladies, this is for those of you that grow your own veggies and herbs. I want to do an all organic garden this year. I am going to make long plant boxes.

However, we have a rodent problem in our neighborhood and I really don't know how to keep them away from the garden. I dont want them eating the veggies or even crawling around in the dirt they are planted in, yuck! Rats can chew through just about anything... any of you ladies ever had this problem? how did you keep them out?

thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)