Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Put your money where your mouth is

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 4 Replies

I say that because so often we think we can get away with not spending money on our food and nutrition.

In the long run, add up time and emotions, and medicine, the side effects alone will cost plenty and probably at a time when we can least afford it. 

Just like any machine it takes good oil to keep the car running, maintenance, and a good run up the highway.

Keep that in mind when you cheat yourself with quick drive thru restaurants and the daily dollar deals on food. 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I agree with you. The reasons fast food has done so well in this country is because people don't want to part with their time or money. And drive thrus save both!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Where I live it is cheaper to make a burger and fries than to go to McD's or any other drive thru.  I have learned to reproduce most "fast" meals that can be found in restaurants in our area at home for much less, and healthier.

mp3mom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM

You're right. We've done it a few times... years ago, when my kids were younger. There was this walk-in salad place they liked (that had pasta, too). It was really expensive.

Quoting DUNRIGHT:

I say that because so often we think we can get away with not spending money on our food and nutrition.

In the long run, add up time and emotions, and medicine, the side effects alone will cost plenty and probably at a time when we can least afford it. 

Just like any machine it takes good oil to keep the car running, maintenance, and a good run up the highway.

Keep that in mind when you cheat yourself with quick drive thru restaurants and the daily dollar deals on food. 

jenerica.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)