Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another from my trainer.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM
nice visual!
Basherte
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I've seen this before and don't totally 100% agree with it.  

I eat grains frequently and am not fat, not at all.

And of course too much of anything will turn into fat, even that muslce building protein.

But other than that, this is a good visual, I just worry it will discourage people from eating a balanced diet because they're afraid their grains will make them fat.

^

I'm also worried that parents will not give their really young ones whole milk. The fat in the whole milk is needed to help develop the brain. The fatty acids.

Between the ages of 1 and 2. They need that. Plus not all fat is bad for you. Your body needs a balance of all things.  

I, haven't mastered the balance part yet. But, I'm getting there. I am a little overweight. 

wedding countdown

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Whole milk is not necessary either.  It is meant for a baby cow, not a baby person.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

And of course too much of anything will turn into fat, even that muslce building protein.

But other than that, this is a good visual, I just worry it will discourage people from eating a balanced diet because they're afraid their grains will make them fat.

^

I'm also worried that parents will not give their really young ones whole milk. The fat in the whole milk is needed to help develop the brain. The fatty acids.

Between the ages of 1 and 2. They need that. Plus not all fat is bad for you. Your body needs a balance of all things.  

I, haven't mastered the balance part yet. But, I'm getting there. I am a little overweight. 

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

Basherte
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Yes. I know this. It's the fat that it contains.

So, does this mean that you don't drink milk?

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Whole milk is not necessary either.  It is meant for a baby cow, not a baby person.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

^

wedding countdown

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I do not drink animal milk and neither do my children.  It really isn't needed, even our current doctor agrees with me.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude, I'm not meaning to.  

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

^

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

Basherte
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM

It was closer to "I know better than you", than it was rude.

If I'm going to drink 'milk' of any kind it will be cow's milk. 

As long as you are getting the amount of calcium you need, and women need a lot more than men do, then I guess you are okay.

I can't do the vegan thing. I can't give up my milk, honey, cheese. 

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I do not drink animal milk and neither do my children.  It really isn't needed, even our current doctor agrees with me.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

^

wedding countdown

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Just sharing the information that I have.  I feel it's important to hear multiple sides of argument, or not really arguments, but discussions or maybe debates?  

I have no problem with the way that other people get their nutrients as that is their choice.  But I'll still share the information that I've learned a long the way.  Especially since the majority of people are lactose intolerant to some degree.  I've actually helped a lot of people to switch to a non dairy lifestyle.

I didn't even mention being vegan, just letting you know that children do not need whole milk to develop properly.

Again, I'm sorry for upsetting you.

Quoting Basherte:

As long as you are getting the amount of calcium you need, and women need a lot more than men do, then I guess you are okay.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

^

Basherte
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I mentioned vegan, well because it popped in my head. 

I should apologize as well. I'm a little on edge and I guess some of that leaked into how I spoke to you. I apologize for that. It wasn't meant to reach you. You didn't make me angry, or offend me. I've heard that almond milk is pretty good. I've wanted to try it, but am a little nervous about that. Not even sure how much it is.  I could probably cut out all the milk that my son drinks, as he gets quite a bit of dairy with the yogurt, pudding, and cheese that he eats. But he really likes his chocolate milk. And strawberry milk. He likes it when I add strawberry juice to his milk as well. It's pretty yummy.

I also have to be careful what I offer my son, because he has issues with textures and stuff. It's part of the autism. 

When it comes to the food texture thing--autism sucks. 

Even as picky as my son is, he has a larger list of foods that he will eat compared to a lot of other people who are autistic. 

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Just sharing the information that I have.  I feel it's important to hear multiple sides of argument, or not really arguments, but discussions or maybe debates?  

I have no problem with the way that other people get their nutrients as that is their choice.  But I'll still share the information that I've learned a long the way.  Especially since the majority of people are lactose intolerant to some degree.  I've actually helped a lot of people to switch to a non dairy lifestyle.

I didn't even mention being vegan, just letting you know that children do not need whole milk to develop properly.

Again, I'm sorry for upsetting you.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

^

wedding countdown

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM

My oldest has issues with textures too, though he is not autistic.  It's a sensory thing, a lot of foods will make him gag just by touching his tongue.  We're working on it though and he's improving.  My son takes almond milk in his lunchbox everyday and really enjoys it.   It's not going to be nutritionally equivalent to cows milk but it doesn't contain the cholesterol and other negatives that cows milk does have.   There is also chocolate pudding that is made with almond milk that my kids really enjoy.  Nuts are a good fat so if you can afford the almond version, give it a shot.

Quoting Basherte:

I should apologize as well. I'm a little on edge and I guess some of that leaked into how I spoke to you. I apologize for that. It wasn't meant to reach you. You didn't make me angry, or offend me. I've heard that almond milk is pretty good. I've wanted to try it, but am a little nervous about that. Not even sure how much it is.  I could probably cut out all the milk that my son drinks, as he gets quite a bit of dairy with the yogurt, pudding, and cheese that he eats. But he really likes his chocolate milk. And strawberry milk. He likes it when I add strawberry juice to his milk as well. It's pretty yummy.

I also have to be careful what I offer my son, because he has issues with textures and stuff. It's part of the autism. 

Even as picky as my son is, he has a larger list of foods that he will eat compared to a lot of other people who are autistic. 

Basherte
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll check it out next time I'm at the store. 

Maybe see if they have a smaller container of it to try it so that I know if my son will like it or not.

Thank you for the information.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

My oldest has issues with textures too, though he is not autistic.  It's a sensory thing, a lot of foods will make him gag just by touching his tongue.  We're working on it though and he's improving.  My son takes almond milk in his lunchbox everyday and really enjoys it.   It's not going to be nutritionally equivalent to cows milk but it doesn't contain the cholesterol and other negatives that cows milk does have.   There is also chocolate pudding that is made with almond milk that my kids really enjoy.  Nuts are a good fat so if you can afford the almond version, give it a shot.

Quoting Basherte:

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)