Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I need my strength back

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 34 Replies

I had been battling anxiety since June 2012. Now it seems that I have finally been able to get a handle on it with exercise. My bp was also going up and my heart rate was like 150-160 and is now down to 84. The meds I was suppose to take gave me the worse side effects ever and it knocked a lot of energy out of me.  I'm glad that I have been able to pull myself together to get moving, but I still feel so drained. Right now, I do have fluid in my ear, which is making me quite dizzy. I think that is due to the weather playing musical chairs right now. Any o who, I need my strength back. I still feel weak. Any suggestions?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  Glad you are here:)  What kinds of food are you eating?  Are you drinking enough water?  

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome. Agreed diet and dehydration play a huge factor.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  Glad you are here:)  What kinds of food are you eating?  Are you drinking enough water?  

mami2my3rugratz
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Thank you. I filled up a 64 oz Gatorade bottle with water and I will drink almost more than half by the end of the day. I was recently on the Daniel Fast(fruits, veggies,whole wheat, no sugars, meat) with my church, so it helped me with changing my eating habits a lot when it came to sugars and starches. I think I may need a bit more protein in my diet though. I do take vitamins and fish oil pills daily.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami2my3rugratz
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Thank you. I'm trying my best to drink about 32-64 ozs of water a day. I've changed my eating habits a lot too.

Quoting cmorris1200:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

A good rule of thumb is to drink 1/2 your body weight in oz per day.  If you are active then increase it to 2/3 your body weight in oz per day,

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Thank you. I'm trying my best to drink about 32-64 ozs of water a day. I've changed my eating habits a lot too.

Quoting cmorris1200:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Raw cacao is great for energy.  Making your own green juice is great as well (apple, celery, cucumber).  Red juice gives a nice kick too (beets, carrots, apple and ginger).  Magnesium powder with your tea helps (Natural Vitality is a good brand). Vitamin D3 supplements are good to have as well.  Eating as much living foods as you  can REALLY helps to keep energy up and making the body feel alive and energized.

Basherte
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I would drink more liquids than you are getting, and add some protein. 

Bolthouse farms has soy drinks. There are quite a few flavors. There are some that have a lot of fruits and veggies and some that have just a lot of protein. They are really delicious. Just don't try the stuff with the seaweed in it. And if you decide to try that, don't tell me it tastes nasty, I already know. 

They don't add a lot of calories, and they are pretty freaking good. They have one thing though... they are a tad expensive.

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Thank you. I filled up a 64 oz Gatorade bottle with water and I will drink almost more than half by the end of the day. I was recently on the Daniel Fast(fruits, veggies,whole wheat, no sugars, meat) with my church, so it helped me with changing my eating habits a lot when it came to sugars and starches. I think I may need a bit more protein in my diet though. I do take vitamins and fish oil pills daily.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

wedding countdown

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Welcome to the group.

I have anxiety issues too.  My best advice is, rest when you can and try to find something positive to focus on.  Eat a healthy diet, more fresh, less processed foods.  And drink water, lots and lots of water.  You'd be surprised at how much energy you will gain from being properly hydrated.

mami2my3rugratz
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM
So I'm currently 160 lbs meaning I would need to drink about 80 ounces a day. Good grief! LOL

Quoting cmorris1200:

A good rule of thumb is to drink 1/2 your body weight in oz per day.  If you are active then increase it to 2/3 your body weight in oz per day,

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting cmorris1200:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami2my3rugratz
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I would love to try the green juice. My DH said he's going to buy me a juicer and I can't wait. Red juice? Wondering how that will definitely taste. I'm going to try out your suggestions.

Quoting Alyson121:

Raw cacao is great for energy.  Making your own green juice is great as well (apple, celery, cucumber).  Red juice gives a nice kick too (beets, carrots, apple and ginger).  Magnesium powder with your tea helps (Natural Vitality is a good brand). Vitamin D3 supplements are good to have as well.  Eating as much living foods as you  can REALLY helps to keep energy up and making the body feel alive and energized.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)