Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Ovary pain during orgasm -- (OH NO!)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 54 Replies

Hi. Im new to this group and hoping to get some advice here about a new problem.  I often have cervical/pelvic pain, and am one of those women who 100% feels ovulation.  So I am use to the normal monthly pre-period ovulation crap that happens (cramping, extra peeing, cervical/pelvic tenderness etc.) (*sigh*)  I'm all good with my bi-yearly annual paps and there has never been any diagnosed issue (except a probable diganosis of Interstitial cystitis)

Anyways -- lately there is a new extremely uncomfortable issue :(  I am having a very sharp and painful pinching in what I am presuming is my left side ovary when I have an orgasm!  UNBELIEVABLE!  Whichever means it is brought on (intercourse, oral or self stimulation) as soon as I start to orgasm, I get this left sided sharp pinching pain.  Its not my normal crampy/abdomen area.. maybe a half inch above my belly button and to the left side.  Its TERRIBLE of course and I am now avoiding any orgasm or cutting them short as soon as I feel this pain.  The pain is pretty accute when it happens and I am left with a lingering pain and discomfort after orgasm as well as cramping.

I am going to the doctor next week to let her know of this new, ridicuous symptom.. but I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  Of course a google search has me thinking the worst and as great as my OBGYN is, its is kind of difficult for someone, even a good doctor, to understand that hasn't experienced this.

Anyone??

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seegrace
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

BUMP!

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

sorry momma. I have no clue.

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I'm sorry you are experiencing that.  Hopefully your doctor is able to help you

seegrace
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Thanks ladies!  Hopefully the doc will have some answers.

reneawesley
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Hope your dr has some answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa823
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Could you  have a cycst on your ovary? Endometriosis? 

seegrace
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM

This is what I'm thinking.  One or the other.  My initial though was ovarian cyst.  Never had one before though.  I usually get an internal ultrasound once a year of my cervical area (due to the cervical/pelvic issues); but this is in a totally different spot.  It's all gone down hill since 30.. LOL.

Quoting Melissa823:

Could you  have a cycst on your ovary? Endometriosis? 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you think it could be related to your interstitial cystitis? I just did a quick search and it says it's an inflammation issues that's related to dysfunctional intestinal wall. It could be that areas are inflamed and have been do for awhile. 

Here a link i found and natural things you could do to reverse it.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030475_inflammatory_diseases_natural_remedies.html

seegrace
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

This is awesome. Thank you. I've been completely ignoring the IC diagnosis from the beginning.  There was a medication the GYN had me on, which I only took for a week and stopped due to side effects. Since then, I've kind of just dealt with it. Im very interested in any natural ways to relieve some of the symptoms. Thanks!

Quoting Alyson121:

Do you think it could be related to your interstitial cystitis? I just did a quick search and it says it's an inflammation issues that's related to dysfunctional intestinal wall. It could be that areas are inflamed and have been do for awhile. 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM

You're welcome.  The article also has lots of other links with helpful info and natural cures.

Quoting seegrace:

This is awesome. Thank you. I've been completely ignoring the IC diagnosis from the beginning.  There was a medication the GYN had me on, which I only took for a week and stopped due to side effects. Since then, I've kind of just dealt with it. Im very interested in any natural ways to relieve some of the symptoms. Thanks!

Quoting Alyson121:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)