Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovary pain during orgasm -- (OH NO!)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi. Im new to this group and hoping to get some advice here about a new problem.  I often have cervical/pelvic pain, and am one of those women who 100% feels ovulation.  So I am use to the normal monthly pre-period ovulation crap that happens (cramping, extra peeing, cervical/pelvic tenderness etc.) (*sigh*)  I'm all good with my bi-yearly annual paps and there has never been any diagnosed issue (except a probable diganosis of Interstitial cystitis)

Anyways -- lately there is a new extremely uncomfortable issue :(  I am having a very sharp and painful pinching in what I am presuming is my left side ovary when I have an orgasm!  UNBELIEVABLE!  Whichever means it is brought on (intercourse, oral or self stimulation) as soon as I start to orgasm, I get this left sided sharp pinching pain.  Its not my normal crampy/abdomen area.. maybe a half inch above my belly button and to the left side.  Its TERRIBLE of course and I am now avoiding any orgasm or cutting them short as soon as I feel this pain.  The pain is pretty accute when it happens and I am left with a lingering pain and discomfort after orgasm as well as cramping.

I am going to the doctor next week to let her know of this new, ridicuous symptom.. but I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  Of course a google search has me thinking the worst and as great as my OBGYN is, its is kind of difficult for someone, even a good doctor, to understand that hasn't experienced this.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (61-64):
by on Dec. 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Hi ladies!  Happy that those of you who have been having similar issues have found your way here to learn you are not alone and are seeking some treatment.

I dont have much to update.  It's been about 4 months sicne I've had the orgasm shooting pain.  I'm counting myself very lucky right now and hoping to not experience it any more.  Hopefully this gives a little hope to anyone experiencing the same thing.  Definitely get some testing done, but if you get the all-clear and are still having it, just remember that there is a chance it could subside and hopefully wont last too long.

Hope you all feel better soon!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, and Happy Everything!

by on Dec. 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Hi here,

About a month ago I started having pain near my right ovary (yes during the fun part of the act!). On Dec 30 I will have an internal ultrasound. I am a 42 yr old healthy woman. I do suffer from migraine headaches and as of lately they have been severe. My migraines are triggered by hormonal changes. I am hoping there will be answer for both conditions soon. The migraines are not new but the frequency of them are new. I will return with an update. 

by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Wow, I don't feel alone now anymore either. I've got the same problem, only my shooting pains are from both sides. It hurts to the point of wanting to cry. I can't get in to see my doctor till the 16th of January. I'm freaking out. I've been told I could have endometriosis, but no doctor has tested to see.
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 10:52 AM

I get the pain in both sides not just one. It feels like a major cramp and  take awhile to subside. Sometimes i have spotting the next day. But only happens with self administered orgasm when using a vibrator.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN