Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Ovary pain during orgasm -- (OH NO!)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi. Im new to this group and hoping to get some advice here about a new problem.  I often have cervical/pelvic pain, and am one of those women who 100% feels ovulation.  So I am use to the normal monthly pre-period ovulation crap that happens (cramping, extra peeing, cervical/pelvic tenderness etc.) (*sigh*)  I'm all good with my bi-yearly annual paps and there has never been any diagnosed issue (except a probable diganosis of Interstitial cystitis)

Anyways -- lately there is a new extremely uncomfortable issue :(  I am having a very sharp and painful pinching in what I am presuming is my left side ovary when I have an orgasm!  UNBELIEVABLE!  Whichever means it is brought on (intercourse, oral or self stimulation) as soon as I start to orgasm, I get this left sided sharp pinching pain.  Its not my normal crampy/abdomen area.. maybe a half inch above my belly button and to the left side.  Its TERRIBLE of course and I am now avoiding any orgasm or cutting them short as soon as I feel this pain.  The pain is pretty accute when it happens and I am left with a lingering pain and discomfort after orgasm as well as cramping.

I am going to the doctor next week to let her know of this new, ridicuous symptom.. but I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  Of course a google search has me thinking the worst and as great as my OBGYN is, its is kind of difficult for someone, even a good doctor, to understand that hasn't experienced this.

Anyone??

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (61-62):
seegrace
by Member on Dec. 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Hi ladies!  Happy that those of you who have been having similar issues have found your way here to learn you are not alone and are seeking some treatment.

I dont have much to update.  It's been about 4 months sicne I've had the orgasm shooting pain.  I'm counting myself very lucky right now and hoping to not experience it any more.  Hopefully this gives a little hope to anyone experiencing the same thing.  Definitely get some testing done, but if you get the all-clear and are still having it, just remember that there is a chance it could subside and hopefully wont last too long.

Hope you all feel better soon!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, and Happy Everything!

Trg1012
by on Dec. 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Hi here,

About a month ago I started having pain near my right ovary (yes during the fun part of the act!). On Dec 30 I will have an internal ultrasound. I am a 42 yr old healthy woman. I do suffer from migraine headaches and as of lately they have been severe. My migraines are triggered by hormonal changes. I am hoping there will be answer for both conditions soon. The migraines are not new but the frequency of them are new. I will return with an update. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN