Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Apples... the baking kind. Need help. PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post

I have some apples. I want to make some apple spice bread. or an apple spice cake. I have no prepared icing, but can make some from scratch with little problem.

I am in need of some ideas, recipes, or just a list of ingredients that work really well together. I have a ton of spices. So more than likely anything you could recommend I already have in the house. If not I will go out and buy it.

Anything is appreciated. Also maybe some ideas for an apple spice topping for pancakes and waffles. also maybe a way to add apples to the pancake mix without the apples burning while being cooked in a skillet.

wedding countdown

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Replies (11-15):
Basherte
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I will check it out.

Quoting mp3mom:

I found this, and check our Recipe Folder, too :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=apple+spice+bread&fnSearchType=site

Quoting Basherte:

I have some apples. I want to make some apple spice bread. or an apple spice cake. I have no prepared icing, but can make some from scratch with little problem.

I am in need of some ideas, recipes, or just a list of ingredients that work really well together. I have a ton of spices. So more than likely anything you could recommend I already have in the house. If not I will go out and buy it.

Anything is appreciated. Also maybe some ideas for an apple spice topping for pancakes and waffles. also maybe a way to add apples to the pancake mix without the apples burning while being cooked in a skillet.

wedding countdown

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I didn't know what a baking apple was. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:11 AM

That sounds awesome!

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

I chopped them up and put them in enough water, boiled them with cinnamon, brown sugar and nutmeg until they were soft, and then mushed them with a potato masher, and added them to typical pancake mix. 

You can also cut the tops off, and then scoop out some of the middle and fill it with a mix of almond milk, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon and dried fruit if you have it. Put the tops back on and cook at 350 for 20 mins. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM

BUMP

Basherte
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I make apple dumplings all the time, but wanted something different.

I appreciate all the ideas.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN