- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chicken roll)
- Calories per serving: 257
Ths recipe is fast and easy, and I can prepare it in advance for guests. Use toothpicks to secure the chicken before dredging. -CL Reader
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons (about 3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons picante sauce
- 6 cilantro sprigs
- 6 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Top each breast half with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1 tablespoon picante sauce, and 1 cilantro sprig. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, beginning at narrow end.
Dredge chicken rolls in breadcrumbs. Place rolls, seam sides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat rolls with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Photo Credit: Karry Hosford