- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/4 cup avocado mixture)
- Calories per serving: 221
- 1 1/2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, cut into fourths
Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken to pan, smooth side down; cook 1 minute or until seared. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Combine avocado, cilantro, pepper, lime juice, and salt. Squeeze one-fourth lime over each piece of chicken before serving. Serve with avocado mixture.