Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

jucing

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:49 AM
  • 27 Replies

im looking to make my own orange juice because store brought juice has way to much sugar and i would like to know what is the best juicer to get

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM

We have a Jack Lalaine juicer. I don't know if it's the best but we love it.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Bump!  I don't have a juicer.

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM

bump for you. I don't have a juicer but I think it would be cool to have one!! 

gsmom9
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM

i have a jack lalaine juicer, and it does a great job. very little waste, and you can add the solid stuff to muffins, or breads for added flavor and vitamen boost. its a great value for $80 to $100. im sure the $500 plus juicers are higher quality, but for me and my family it works great. love the apple carrot juice

Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM

We have one of those as well.  I like it because it's sort of compact.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

We have a Jack Lalaine juicer. I don't know if it's the best but we love it.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:01 AM

We have the Jack LaLanne juicer, The Champion Juicer and The JuiceMan.  I like the Jack LaLanne because it sits on the counter-top and  is ALWAYS ready to be used.  It's great for juicing citrus fruits and watering produce - like beets, carrots, apples, etc.  However it's not good for things like leafy greens and produce with less water in them.  The Champion, although VERY bulky AND heavy is GREAT for juicing the LIFE out of pretty much most things. I don't use i as much because it's BIG and BULKY and HEAVY.  I haven't used the JuiceMan in YEARS, so i don't have much to say about that.  LOL

I have heard good things about the Breville Juicer (I think that's the name). I'd like the Huron Slow Juicer (even though we already have a slow juicer). I'd just like a slow juicer that isn't the size of Texas or that weights 200 pounds.

catinac
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:07 AM

BUMP!

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I haven't had any issues juicing kale, swiss chard and spinach in the Jack Lalaine juicer. I just roll them up real tight and put an orange on top while it goes to town.

Quoting Alyson121:

We have the Jack LaLanne juicer, The Champion Juicer and The JuiceMan.  I like the Jack LaLanne because it sits on the counter-top and  is ALWAYS ready to be used.  It's great for juicing citrus fruits and watering produce - like beets, carrots, apples, etc.  However it's not good for things like leafy greens and produce with less water in them.  The Champion, although VERY bulky AND heavy is GREAT for juicing the LIFE out of pretty much most things. I don't use i as much because it's BIG and BULKY and HEAVY.  I haven't used the JuiceMan in YEARS, so i don't have much to say about that.  LOL

I have heard good things about the Breville Juicer (I think that's the name). I'd like the Huron Slow Juicer (even though we already have a slow juicer). I'd just like a slow juicer that isn't the size of Texas or that weights 200 pounds.

liquidvelvet
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

We have a Jack Lalaine juicer and it's always in use...we love it.

sukainah
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I don't have one. :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)