Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Suffering from severe dry skin

Posted by   + Show Post

Please I will be very happy to try out any of your suggestion to getting remedy for my dry skin. I need advice on an good moisturizing creams or soaps .

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
bhwrn1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Eucerin and Aquafor work here at my house.

mrswillie
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I like Olay products

philwil
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Bathe everyday! I saw one woman's post stating every other day...I don't know about your body, but my body odor has become stronger and skipping a shower is definitely a NO NO. 

I use a Hemp lotion. It is amazing. On my gluteus maximus, or booty, I use vaseline so that it will remain soft, and on my tummy I use tummy butter by cocoa butter. 

You should try to use vaseline consistently for a while, and then you can change to a type of lotion, but it seems as if your skin needs help now. Just make sure you do a full rub down each day!

mp3mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You'll get a zillion opinions, lol. I've used Caress soap all my life... old dog. Virgin coconut butter is supposed to be the best for dry skin. I've also heard opening a vitamin E capsule is supposed to work well also. Ahava cream is also sworn by some to be the best. If I don't use Kinearse on my face, I break out. I will say water and oil don't mix, so I'd avoid anything with that in it. Good luck! 

Quoting Aishamusty:

Please I will be very happy to try out any of your suggestion to getting remedy for my dry skin. I need advice on an good moisturizing creams or soaps .

jessicasmom1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM

we use olay , or coconut soap , DD can not wash her face or she breaks out 

steffielou_who
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Eucerin...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
copperswifey
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I have always heard Eucerin works really good :)

Quoting bhwrn1:

Eucerin and Aquafor work here at my house.

Wish2Be
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:38 AM

My MIL's dermatologist said to stop using lotion and immediately switch to cream. My MIL noticed a difference in 3 days.

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Try coconut oil!

elasmimi
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:46 AM

This is very true. A lot of the scented lotions also have alcohol, which is very drying.

Quoting cmorris1200:

Use body butter rather than lotion because when the water evaporates from the lotion it steals water from your skin.  Body butter has no water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN